Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An easy Xmas cupcake decoration?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I was going to try and make a snowman out of marshmallows etc. from a video on you tube but it's time consuming and looks ok but a bit like a kid did it.

Am baking for a Xmas market and want to make a simple vanilla cupcake with a nice vanilla buttercream but not sure what to top it off with just sprinkling it with some Xmas sprinkles seems too simple but I'm not arty so can't make something complicated.

Any suggestions for a nice but simple cupcake topper/decoration that will catch the eye and look like it was harder to make than it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Get a cutter, of a christmas tree, or snowflake, etc etc, and make decorations out of sugarpaste, quick and easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 GAAFan123

I was going to try and make a snowman out of marshmallows etc. from a video on you tube but it's time consuming and looks ok but a bit like a kid did it.

Am baking for a Xmas market and want to make a simple vanilla cupcake with a nice vanilla buttercream but not sure what to top it off with just sprinkling it with some Xmas sprinkles seems too simple but I'm not arty so can't make something complicated.

Any suggestions for a nice but simple cupcake topper/decoration that will catch the eye and look like it was harder to make than it is?

Good luck with your baking! It will look fab either way! What about edible glitter (maybe royal blue) and then stick a little snowman cake pick thing on top! It will look so great with white buttercream on the cupcake as well like snow!! If you want you can put a little sugarpaste plaque on the top (you can get them online and they are so nice). They would look nice with anything on top!! You've made me very hungry now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 GAAFan123

Forgot to say to check out stuff4cake.ie. It's an Irish based company and is good value. I haven't bought from them yet but they have really nice stuff! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just to point out it's stuff4cakes.ie, needs the "s". They offer a great service, I order from them every 1-3 weeks, very quick service and always happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Thanks folks, I've stock up on sprinkles etc. and found some Xmas chocolate molds that I got in Aldi (or Lidl, can't remember) I've ordered a few cupcake boxes from stuff4cakes have thinking I should of ordered more but should be enough to start with. Their Xmas cupcake boxes (fits 6 cupcakes) are only a euro which isn't too bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement