Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make your own premium tank

Options
  • 29-11-2011 7:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Making Your Tanks Premium. Discussion
    Possible new feature: make your tank work like premium.

Having paid a certain amount of gold (depending on the vehicle tier), you are changing the status of your tier 1-8 tank to premium for a fixed period of time (let's say a few hours). This will enable 1.5x credit income for this vehicle during the specified period. The bonus will stack with premium account of course.

- Premium tanks can't be given temporary premium status (they are already premium)
    - SPGs can't be give temporary premium status (balance purposes)
    - The vehicle should be Elite
    - Premium account is not required to enable the feature

Would you like such feature?
    Interesting possibility but I'm not sure how practical it would be honestly. You'll end up paying for having a tank as premium constantly but on the other hand you can get your favourite tank out for that grind when needed.

Personally I like the idea.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd like the idea of being able to buy permanent premium status for a tank of choice, but I'm skeptical of the economics of the proposed system. You'll have to pay gold to get the premium status, and then more gold to convert to free XP. You could just as easily convert the gold direct to credits anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    I'd like the idea of being able to buy permanent premium status for a tank of choice, but I'm skeptical of the economics of the proposed system. You'll have to pay gold to get the premium status, and then more gold to convert to free XP. You could just as easily convert the gold direct to credits anyway.
    The idea would be you'd buy temporary premium status on a given tank to grind cash rather then buy a premium tank; not for the exp but the cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nody wrote: »
    The idea would be you'd buy temporary premium status on a given tank to grind cash rather then buy a premium tank; not for the exp but the cash :)

Depending on how they price it, it is either a good, ort a terrible idea.

You could end up spending more making a single tank 'premium' than you would merely buying a premium account and having ALL of your tanks earn 1.5x

If it was like 20 gold per day per tank or something, it might be doable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I don't think it will ever be worth getting compared to premium account but it will be an option for those that don't want to buy a premium tank.

I don't think it will ever be worth getting compared to premium account but it will be an option for those that don't want to buy a premium tank.

I really don't think so. Its not a premium tank replacement, unless the tanks earnings were brought in line with the likes of other premium tanks within its tier, i.e turn an IS-3 to premium, and it earns like a Lowe.

But that won't happen, its only going to get the 1.5x premium bonus that a premium account gives you.

• Advertisement

I really don't think so. Its not a premium tank replacement, unless the tanks earnings were brought in line with the likes of other premium tanks within its tier, i.e turn an IS-3 to premium, and it earns like a Lowe.

But that won't happen, its only going to get the 1.5x premium bonus that a premium account gives you.
    Actually that's exactly what it would do :)
    This will enable 1.5x credit income for this vehicle during the specified period. The bonus will stack with premium account of course.

Actually that's exactly what it would do :)

Only if you already have a premium account.

Advertisement