Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having no water in Fort Lorenzo area?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if we're the only ones without water in Fort Lorenzo or if it's a wider issue. Because I haven't seen a post on this yet.

I know they're working on the supply but that's only meant to be between 9am and 4.30pm and ours has been out of action since last night and still is down.

I didn't bother ringing the council today because I expected it to be up by 4.30 but it wasn't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shantalla has water

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was over for coffee earlier, no problem. :) (speculation - elevated area taking time to fill?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Thanks for the replies! It turned out that the neighbours had water but we didn't. I left the taps open and eventually it came back around 10pm. So I'm happy I could have my shower :)

Maybe it was an air gap or something. I was just a bit worried because last winter we were out of water for more than 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We had no water in Highfield this morning, and no warning form the corpo.

I know that houses in Claddagh got notification from the corpo that the water was going to be cut off there, but I can't remember when that's supposed to be.

Just found this on the corpo website after going through several links from their homepage.

http://www.water.galwaycity.ie/gcc/Home/SupplyInterruptions.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Just looked at the map on that link.

They got the map right as far down as that housing estate Mount Eaton on Taylor's Hill, but I note that they didn't bother listing the big chunk on Kingston in the wording although it appears on the map.

You gotta love the Council.

Muppets :mad:...which is a term I apply to their "management" and "Engineers". The guys who actually work with the water on and under the ground seem to understand what they're doing, but they're stymied by the fools to whom they report.

• Advertisement
Advertisement