Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

700 euro build

Options
  • 29-11-2011 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey all

I'm looking to build a computer as a christmas present (to myself)

I'm not looking for a future proofed beast, just something that can comfortably run current games on high settings and is easy to upgrade. I'm not sure if I'll need a monitor, for now I'm going to assume I don't. i'd rather not go too far above 700, but if what I'm asking for isn't realistic at this price range, then I'd be willing to.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ShytePryde

Bump

Are my aims here just unrealistic? I'd be willing to go for 800 if I had to but I'd rather avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Eamonn Brophy

Total build cost: €497.56 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i3-2100 Box, LGA1155 €99.97
    Club3D GeForce GTX 550Ti, 1536MB DDR3 €100.59
    Gigabyte GA-PH67-DS3-B3, Intel H67, ATX €76.49
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W €52.07
    BitFenix Merc Alpha €34.67
    8GB-Kit Corsair ValueSelect PC3-10667U CL9 €30.54
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA €15.23
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA 6GB's €88.00

I didn't add, mouse/keyboard monitor or speakers. You'll also need an OS. Assuming you don't need any of that, you've an extra 170 to spend.
    -get a nicer mobo
    -get a nicer card (6850 or if you want to spend more, 560ti or 6950)
    -upgrade to the 15 2500k

Thanks a mil

I'm thinking of stretching the budget a little and upgrading the things you mention. One or two questions though: Will I need a higher voltage power supply?? And will I have to do anything about cooling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ShytePryde wrote: »
    Thanks a mil

I'm thinking of stretching the budget a little and upgrading the things you mention. One or two questions though: Will I need a higher voltage power supply?? And will I have to do anything about cooling?

The power supply is plenty for now, you can get a bigger one if you think you might get dual cards in the future but its fine for everything there.

As for cooling, if you get the Retail version of an intel processor it comes with a heatsink for the CPU which will be fine but it is a bit louder then some of the ones you buy.
    Most cases have a mesh and one or two built in fans which would probably be fine too.

Thanks a mil

If that's the case, bump up the parts I mentioned. Make sure when you pick a mobo (If you're going with the 2500k) that you pick either "p67" or "z68")

If you can tell me what parts you have (mouse keybaord monitor etc.) and what max res the monitor is I can throw together a new suggested build.

• Advertisement

Don't need mouse/keyboard. I'll be using a tv as a monitor for the time being, no idea what its max res is.

How long does this site generally take to deliver to Ireland? Can I expect the stuff within 2 weeks? I plan on letting them build it.

Thanks for all your help.

Don't need mouse/keyboard. I'll be using a tv as a monitor for the time being, no idea what its max res is.

How long does this site generally take to deliver to Ireland? Can I expect the stuff within 2 weeks? I plan on letting them build it.

Thanks for all your help.

Less than a week, I ordered on a Tuesday of this week and had **** on Thursday. Basically the res will play a role in the graphics card performance, but I doubt the tv is anything about 1080p. So it should be fine!

If you want to spend even more, I'd get a slightly higher wattaged PSU, a slighly better case and nicer CPU cooler or upgrade the card to either a 6950 of a 560ti.

Depending on your storage needs you could get a bigger hard-drive but prices are high atm, the caviar blacks are high performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

And get a Z68 gen3 motherboard instead of a P67 for QuickSync video encoding, PCIE 3.0 and support for Ivy Bridge. It's only about €10 more than the P67 for a far better motherboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

And get a Z68 gen3 motherboard instead of a P67 for QuickSync video encoding, PCIE 3.0 and support for Ivy Bridge. It's only about €10 more than the P67 for a far better motherboard.

Even if it's little bit more then 10ei

By saving 10eu now, you will spend later another 100eu on similar new mobo, but which will have something you missed pcie 3.0 example.

Plus less decking around in te case, the better for your mental health.

If you want to spend even more, I'd get a slightly higher wattaged PSU, a slighly better case and nicer CPU cooler or upgrade the card to either a 6950 of a 560ti.

Depending on your storage needs you could get a bigger hard-drive but prices are high atm, the caviar blacks are high performance.

Finally placed my order, Thanks for all the help everyone!

Came across a little extra cash so I ended up upgrading pretty much all the things you mention.

Advertisement