Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurses in the Community

• 29-11-2011 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi! Can anyone help me, I've an 80 year old father in need of weekly bloods being taken and his doctor can only do them ever second week. He's confined to a wheelchair and getting him around is not easy on him. Does anyone know of how I could get a nurse to take his bloods weekly or who i can contact on this? He lives in the Longford area. Thanks! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

There should be a community nurse in your area, if you can find out who that is they should know what is available.

I know they provide transport for appointments etc in rural areas and surely drawing a little blood would be far less trouble? Worth asking anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CJ O

Thanks aare! The community nurse doesn't do bloods, it's really frustrating trying to get this done. The problem for us is we used to be able to take him to the doctor but he's at the end stages of Parkinsons and taking him in and out of the car is realy hard on him. I wonder if there is any way of getting a nurse privately to do it for us?

Take a look at the loacal services directory here:

http://www.hospice-foundation.ie

They must have a relevant service of some kind...I am a bit bothered that your doctor cannot suggest something, to be honest. Once upon a time a Dr would have seen that housecall as part of his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CJ O

Thanks for this! I've since found Point of Care and they may be able to help me. So fingers crossed!! Cheers! :)

Fingers totally crossed, your Dad needs, and deserves his comfort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement