Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subway 6euro deal

Options
  • 29-11-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

the 6euro footlong sub and drink i think is good value, and as advertised, you are able to have a tea/coffe, bottle drink or plastic cup... however in one subway on o connell street i was told i was not able to have a bottled drink with the sub even though every other subway you are and it is advertised in that specific subway that you can. I know its only small,but it was annoying and the people working in that particular subway are particularly rude... are they allowed to prevent you having a bottled drink, i would have thought it is false advertising

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Moved to Consumer Issues, you might get more useful replies here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

corkman123 wrote: »
    the 6euro footlong sub and drink i think is good value, and as advertised, you are able to have a tea/coffe, bottle drink or plastic cup... however in one subway on o connell street i was told i was not able to have a bottled drink with the sub even though every other subway you are and it is advertised in that specific subway that you can. I know its only small,but it was annoying and the people working in that particular subway are particularly rude... are they allowed to prevent you having a bottled drink, i would have thought it is false advertising

Thats something iv noticed about people who work in Subway alot of them are very rude and seem to get pissed off when they have to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Let's not comment in general on the staff attitudes.

OP - what you should do is complain to the store manager that you were not able to redeem the deal as advertised. If that is unsucessful, then I would write to the franchise head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There is a leaflet in my local Subway showing that deal.

As said above all Subways are franchised so individual Subways can choose what deals to do, but it is odd that they decided to do 90% of the deal but not all of it.

Have to say the staff in my local Subway are lovely, couldn't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The bit in bold is the bit that allows individual shops to not include bottles
    The €4.50 deal includes any one of the 6" Subs featured below and a 21oz medium dispensed drink or medium tea or coffee or 500ml bottle. Not valid for double meat, extra cheese, bacon or any other extras. Participation may vary. Limited time offer. Terms and conditions apply. Offer may be withdrawn at any time
    http://subway.ie/menu/subs/value-lunch/default.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Franchisees can choose from different offers.

the main offer currently running is 6"sub + any drink incl bottles for 4.50

another offer allows you upgrade this to 12" for extra 1.50

a seperate offer is 12" sub + dispensed drink for 6.00

depends on the store and what the offer says. If you read it in the store you are in or look at the image (every store can vary) there should never be confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Thanks op will try my local branch for a steak n cheese tomorrow.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

well the image showed a footlong sub and a picture of coffee, plastic cup drinks as well as bottled drink for 6 euro, so i presumed i could choose either of the drinks advertised, i just dont think its fair for them to pick and choose especially when they have it advertised you can get a bottled drink, to me its false advertising.

I've seen the advert. There's an asterisk on it. When you read the asterisk reference, you'll see that there's terms and conditions.

So its not false advertising, you just didn't read the whole ad

well, not everyone is going to be reading the whole ad and terms and conditions when all they want is a quick lunch

• Advertisement

corkman123 wrote: »
    well, not everyone is going to be reading the whole ad and terms and conditions when all they want is a quick lunch

Of course. But that doesn't mean its false advertising, or that they 'owe' you anything.

Stick to the Subways that allow you o have bottles and you're grand. I prefer drinks from the cup myself

ah yea i know, i wont be going back there again,its just i was going on a long journey so needed a drink that would last, plus i wasnt told about this until my sub was made and she knew very well before i had a bottled drink in my hand, she was also exceptionally rude.

Advertisement