Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UD Naked 2 Palette!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

OMG!

The excitement!!!

Love the first one, its amazing!

Methinks this shall be a Christmas pressie to MYSELF :D

Hope its as reasonable as the first one! I think mine cost me around 35 quid in Debenahams

Ta for the link!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm buying it. Not mad on the packaging but like the eye shadow colours better!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Oh loving all the bronze and gold tones in it! I have blue/grey eyes and apparently those shades look well, therefore I should have this palette... Or something! Love the colours.

Not sold on the packaging, a little more industrial looking compared to the lux of the first one. Double ended brush though, deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

What what what!

Good thing my paycheck comes in at midnight, now I know what I want for xmas! Pressie list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I'm guessing there is no chance of me getting this as a christmas present for someone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 dazzledust

I have the UD Naked palette - and love it.
    But with the UD2 palette I would have preferred if it had contained more matte colours as the orgional only has three. I would have loved a few purples in there too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I'm trying to justify a reason to buy it since I'm still going strong on the original palette... Will need to decide soon because I'm sure it will be difficult to get a hold of for awhile!

Edit: Forgot about this! But UD posted pics of it on their facebook page earlier today, here is the entry in that pinch blog for anyone who is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah sob sob sob....why did i read this.:( I still havent managed to get the first one yet (stupid endless bills to pay). This looks gorgeous...and a double ended brush! Fab!

/prays to Santy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I bought #1 two weeks ago... it's amazing. I could spend hours playing with colour combinations :)

want! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Looks very similar to the first one! I'd say this will be sold out straight away. In two minds about this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

By the way it's available tomorrow from the Urban Decay website! I don't think they ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm not seeing a huge difference between this and the first one tbh. The first one is still going strong and I wear at least one shade from it every day, so I doubt I'll bother buying the new one unless my current one runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

It looks so similar to the first one..doubt I'll be buying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Their website doesn't ship to Ireland sadly :( I wonder when it will be out over here... I think it might have to be one of my christmas/birthday presents :P

The shades in this one look more cooler toned them the last one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Friend of mine manages an UD counter and she said they haven't even heard anything themselves yet, that she only knows about it from looking at the UD website herself, that they've got 90% of their christmas stock in already and she'd be very surprised if it got to Ireland before January :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Bought the first palette about 3 months ago and I absolutely love it. I know the shades are much the same but I'm definitely gonna treat myself to it as an early christmas present! Let's hope it doesn't sell out until I get mine :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It's still a bit bland though, no? I got the first one out of hype more than anything else, but the colours don't suit me at all... I'm probably the only one :rolleyes: :D

There are some really good pics and swatches on xsparkage now if anyone is wanting a better idea of what to expect.

I still am torn on getting it, there are only so many browns a girl needs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

I want!!! love the shades plus i don't have the first one so it's still on the wishlist but i think the new one has just replaced it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

ooo i love it! think its nicer than the first one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

I realllly wanted the first one, but now I don't know which.. will probably have to see them in store to choose. Prefer the new one's packaging though, with the big mirror.

as someone who usually just uses the little spongey applicators that come with my previous UD palettes, can someone tell me what the two different purposes the brushes with 2 are used for? thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Just spotted this today, looks interesting, nicer than the first one!

I find with the first one I tend to leave out the really high shimmery or sparkly ones so may not go for this!

I realllly wanted the first one, but now I don't know which.. will probably have to see them in store to choose. Prefer the new one's packaging though, with the big mirror.

as someone who usually just uses the little spongey applicators that come with my previous UD palettes, can someone tell me what the two different purposes the brushes with 2 are used for? thanks!!

You mean the brush with two ends on it? One end is for applying the eyeshadow and the bigger, fluffier end is for blending.

Ahhh my mom heard me talking about the 2nd Naked and she ordered it for me as an early Christmas gift! It's arriving next week! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

You mean the brush with two ends on it? One end is for applying the eyeshadow and the bigger, fluffier end is for blending.

Ahhh my mom heard me talking about the 2nd Naked and she ordered it for me as an early Christmas gift! It's arriving next week! :)

Oooooo where did she order from! Gonna get my brother to order it for me for Xmas!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Oooooo where did she order from! Gonna get my brother to order it for me for Xmas!

I live in the US so it's not a problem for me. Sorry! :(

I think I read it will be available internationally in Feb 2012, but don't quote me on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Jwacqui wrote: »

I live in the US so it's not a problem for me. Sorry! :(

I think I read it will be available internationally in Feb 2012, but don't quote me on that!

Awww devestated!! :-( enjoy it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Aww, February is ages away :( Least we've time to save up for it I suppose! And there'll be loads of reviews by then too.

I don't really hold out much hope for the brush really. Don't find the one which came with Naked 1 that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Bit off topic but has anyone on here tried the Urban Decay Anniversary palette?
    Got a Naked Palette last Christmas and its still going strong and they have the Anniversary Palette as part of Aer Lingus In flight shopping (heading on holidays next week) for €38 so was thinking of getting that. Anyone know if its any good? Seems to have a more of a colour range then the Naked Palette.

dec11_UrbanDecayAnniversary.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Have it myself, it's lovely! Colours are a little too bright for me, I'd never wear the pink or blue tbh. I have the Book of Shadows volume 4 which I love. Have a good mix of wearable colours and some neutrals

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaysUmOujbOwUkmbWJ7aq5w4kQnMyCimR9mc7Qhzc-PQv7E-Sk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Have it myself, it's lovely! Colours are a little too bright for me, I'd never wear the pink or blue tbh. I have the Book of Shadows volume 4 which I love. Have a good mix of wearable colours and some neutrals

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaysUmOujbOwUkmbWJ7aq5w4kQnMyCimR9mc7Qhzc-PQv7E-Sk

Thanks, I'm the same actually. While the pinks and blues look lovely as part of the set, I probably wouldn't wear them much (or at all). The Book of Shadows might be a better option, might try and pick it up in duty free :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Its not being launched in Ireland until MARCH :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

If anybody is flying Aer Lingus they sell the Naked 1 and Anniversary palettes on the flight. I got the Naked 1 for €34 with free eye primer last night. I think the Anniversary palette was €36. I had to fight a woman for mine. Delighted I finally got one. Ask when you get one the plane if they will put one away for you as they only have a few on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Got the naked pallet with no problems in UD in blanch, they had loads, was 36 euro as debanhams are doing 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

I got the Naked pallete in Debanhams Ilac for €34 on Sat.. looking forward to Naked 2 :)

Advertisement