Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on a build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

What will it be used for?
    If you fill this out we can have a look at what you need, budget etc.

1. What is your budget?
    [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Callcollect

Hey,

To answer your questions,

1. My budget is around 900 ( could slightly exceed if required but would like to stay as low as possible )

2. My main purpose will probably be gaming and video editing

3. No copy of windows is needed

4. I already have a keyboard and mouse and a SATA DVD Drive

5. No monitor needed for now. I will hook up via HDMI to TV for a while

6. No peripherals needed for now either.

7. Id like to avoid overclocking if possible

8. I can pay by Laser/Paypal.

9. I'm in no hurry to purchase the Desktop so I don't need it for any specific time

10. I shouldn't need help to build the PC but am based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I know you said you didn't want to overclock but it's just so easy with these new sandybridges. I've added an aftermarket cooler which should allow for an easy 4.6 ghz. There is no hdd in there as the prices are just ridiculous, the ssd should do until the prices go down. I'm still quite new to the pc building game so you should run it through the forum's more experienced members first:D

Total build cost: €854.88 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155 €188.78
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9 €29.57
    XFX RADEON HD 6950 800M 1GB DDR5 DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI €209.66
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W €52.07
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5") €173.24
    Cooler Master HAF 912 schwarz, ohne Netzteil €75.76
    Scythe Mugen 3, für alle Sockel geeignet €32.99
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX €92.81

If you really didn't want to overclock you should change the motherboard and cpu to this:
    i5 2400
    Msi H61

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Gives you the option to overclock down the line when you need that extra boost. The GPU should run most games on very high settings. A powerful enough PSU to handle any future upgrades. Wait until HHD prices come down, the SSD should do for now or maybe if you had an old HDD somewhere you could use that. €30 shipping will put you over budget but i think it's worth it but you could save some money with some cheaper ram and a cheaper PSU.

Item|Cost
    Intel Core i5-2500K|€188.78
    MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III |€253.34
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance|€35.69
    NZXT Hades|€71.30
    OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB SSD|€124.94
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus|31.48
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3|€117.29
    Corsair GS Series, 700 Watt|€77.49
    total build cost|€900.31

Advertisement