Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Have a few concerns if anyone can help! In the last few months we were TTC with no luck. I then had to have minor surgery so decided to hold off until next month. I'm now after realising that my period is 10 days late!

I started getting cramps around the time it was due and since then they've been coming on and off. This has never happened before. I'm going to do a test tonight/tomorrow to know for sure. What worries me is that I've been on anti-boyotics and prescription pain killers for the past 3 weeks, just finished everything yesterday. I've also had some alcohol, granted not much but still :(

Deep down I don't think I'm pregnant and my lack of period might be down to the recent stress but if I am, I'm worried that I've harmed the baby :(

Can anyone offer words of wisdom?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Best thing to do is test. Then go to a GP for reassurance.

Baby has its own nutrition source for a good first few weeks with the yolk sac and does not get nutrition from mama until about then, so chances are that whatever you ate/drank will not affect baby in these early stages, as the baby is not hooked into your bloodstream.

Lots of women smoked, drank or took medication and found out a couple of months down the line, and their babies were fine. Try not to worry, but do go to the doctor. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

really hope its good news for you hon...and as previous poster said, think of the number of women that have gone out pregnant in the early stages and their babies have been fine. There's at least 3 weeks before you know that you're late and so all babies would have been exposed to something if they didn't have their own food source in the yolk etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Thanks so much guys, puts my mind somewhat at ease. Did a test and it's positive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

At this early stage, the antibiotics/painkillers would not have crossed over to the baby so i wouldnt worry about that.

Congratulations! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Delighted for you :D:D

Enjoy your secret for the next little while!! (not so secret cos we know but still....)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

KillerKity wrote: »
    Thanks so much guys, puts my mind somewhat at ease. Did a test and it's positive :eek:

ah thats great news....

Advertisement