Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KNOCKADOLLY

• 29-11-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Dont kids play this anymore?
    it use to be a regular game when i was a little fella, kicking the shyte outta some aulfellas door and running away, got caught a few times and always got a boot up the hole, but thats what it was all about... happy days back then:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Dont kids play this anymore?
    it use to be a regular game when i was a little fella, kicking the shyte outta some aulfellas door and running away, got caught a few times and always got a boot up the hole, but thats what it was all about... happy days back then:D
    kids these days don,t go out!! sad times eh, there stuck in front of there ps3 or xbox the min they get in from school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Oh it still goes on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Back then when you got caught you got a kick up the hole.

If anyone did that now there'd be bloody murder......probably right though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

flaming bags on the door step were a lot more fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Back then when you got caught you got a kick up the hole.

If anyone did that now there'd be bloody murder......probably right though....

had i went home and told me father i got a boot in the hole for knocking on some aul lads door, he would have booted the hole off me aswell:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

My husband told me that he and his friends used to do knockadolly in Blenheim and one time the house owner was togged out in a tracksuit and trainers and followed them across 3 fields before he gave up :D

Another time he was caught and was asked his name, he said it was Tom - it's not, the man wanted his friends names and he said Dick and Harry and then got told off. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

We used to have some track runner down the estate from us. We would warm up on normal peoples houses then when we where brave we would get some chase off this fella. Quick fooker.
    If we where doing it on our own street we would do our own houses aswell so our parents wouldn't think it was us annoying the neighbours because who would be stupid enough to do their own house.
    Another chap would chase us and if he caught us he would brag about still been fit and then chat away to us for a while then walk home. Sound chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I saw some young fellas (about 13 years old) doing it on John St about 3 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Knockadolly Dont kids play this anymore?

I thought this thread was going to be about something completely different. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

scholar007 wrote: »
    I thought this thread was going to be about something completely different. :confused:

KNOCKING DOLLYS ?? ;)

• Advertisement

Kerbs was bloody brilliant aswell. Probably some health and safety reason not to play it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

seanybiker wrote: »
    Kerbs was bloody brilliant aswell. Probably some health and safety reason not to play it anymore.

What was kerbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

does anyone remember MOB!! 123!!
    Some game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Jasus the memories.
    Those were the days alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sashiee wrote: »
    does anyone remember MOB!! 123!!
    Some game :P

"mob skinner hiding behind murphys shed"

almost as goood as british bulldogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

a lot of double standards involved in knockadolly. my oul fella would laugh about how he played it as a kid , and the craic they'd get off it, but if someone played it on our door he'd be all 'little feckin scumbags going around no control on them. by jaysus if that was my child id give him some skelpin'

what we used to is loop cat gut to my neighbours knocker, knock like hell and as we ran the cat gut unravelled as we ran to get head start as he used walk round the estate for hours with his dog lookin for us, we did it so often to him that he used be waiting in an upstairs bedroom with a camera takin photo,s of us

kkdela6 wrote: »
    a lot of double standards involved in knockadolly. my oul fella would laugh about how he played it as a kid , and the craic they'd get off it, but if someone played it on our door he'd be all 'little feckin scumbags going around no control on them. by jaysus if that was my child id give him some skelpin'

I once heard a women was washing her baby in the bath, and came down to open the door (with no-one there) and when she went back the baby had drowned.

So just bare that in mind the next time you are playing knockadolly you little rascals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

KNOCKING DOLLYS ?? ;)

Something like that :D

• Advertisement

Magic rope used to be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

dayshah wrote: »
    I once heard a women was washing her baby in the bath, and came down to open the door (with no-one there) and when she went back the baby had drowned.

So just bare that in mind the next time you are playing knockadolly you little rascals.

thats a horrific story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

dayshah wrote: »

thats a horrific story!
    I WAS THAT BABY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

anyone ever play these?

grand national
    50-50 out
    skillz(soccer game)

I WAS THAT BABY!

Which when you think about it, really explains a lot.

:D

thats a horrific story!

Probably another one of them friends of a friends story.
    Sure if me was answering the door and someone was at it she would have taking longer to get back to the child. I blame bad parenting skills.

daaave wrote: »
    anyone ever play these?

grand national
    50-50 out
    skillz(soccer game)

Skillz was fooking brilliant. Some legend at that.
    We used to do the last one to turn around and touch the ground was on goal. Well embarassing when your up with yer cousin in Dundalk and you do it and all his mates looking at ya like your a looper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Just goes to show how crappy the times that we currently live in are.

We're all going mad for nostalgia. This thread...the thrill on the hill....this!

all these things we did as kids died when our generation got older, ya just don,t see kids out playing or doin the things we used to do!!! the reason being parents are too afraid incase little jimmy gets nicked by a peadophile or is knocked down!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Also collecting for the bombfire weeks before Halloween.

Advertisement