Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better Electric Ireland or Bord Gais

Options
  • 29-11-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Me and my friend are just after moving into a two bed house in cork city. Neither of us have ever had to set up ESB or gas before. We were wondering if someone could help us on the pricing and which would be the better company to go with as we are both very confused. We're hoping to go with Electricity and gas with the same user. Please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this site is quite good fo comparison, once you have a fair idea of your usage

http://www.bonkers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aron24

this site is quite good fo comparison, once you have a fair idea of your usage

http://www.bonkers.ie

thanks :) , we tried that site but as we have no idea of our usage we dont know who to sign up with. we've only moved in this week and we're trying to pick a good supplier.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

aron24 wrote: »
    thanks :) , we tried that site but as we have no idea of our usage we dont know who to sign up with. we've only moved in this week and we're trying to pick a good supplier.

You'd need various bits of information to try to work out who is likely to be the better value in the longer run-

1. Is the house gas or electric heated
    2. Any idea of the BER (energy rating) of the property?
    3. Any idea of the long range weather forecast (and I don't mean Met Eireanns attempt)

Personally I'd be inclined to factor which sort of heating you have- and go with whoever has the lowest base rates for this (for both electricity and gas)- and see how it goes........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Aron24,

Here are details of our price plans.

We also have an appliance calculator, which is available as a smartphone app too.

Our colleagues ESB Networks endeavour to carry out four meter readings per year and the remaining bills are generated via estimate. So for an actual reading-based bill at all times, ESB Electric Ireland can submit a meter reading over the phone, online or via our meter-reading smartphone app.

All the best :)
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 aron24

Thanks for the help. We decided to go with Electric ireland as they seem the best priced and the woman was nice on the phone. :)

Advertisement