Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter - landlord refuses to return deposit

Options
  • 29-11-2011 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    My landlord refused to pay back my deposit and i want to take this case to the court but i want to write a letter first saying that im going to the court if i dont get my deposit back, but im not very good at writing letter's so could anyone help me or send me a sample one?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

This thread would probably be best in Accommodation and Property
    qyt wrote: »
    Hi
    My landlord refused to pay back my deposit and i want to take this case to the court but i want to write a letter first saying that im going to the court if i dont get my deposit back, but im not very good at writing letter's so could anyone help me or send me a sample one?
    Thank you

You cannot take the case to court - you MUST go through the Private Residents Tenancy Board (PRTB).

Something along the lines of:

Dear Landlord,
    As you are refusing to return my deposit, I am making a claim with the PRTB for the return of same and I am also claiming damages for unjustifiably retaining same.

Yours faithfully,

Your ex tenant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 qyt

yes prtb
    thank you for your quick answer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

odds_on wrote: »
    This thread would probably be best in Accommodation and Property

Agreed, moved.

Advertisement