Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for FM

• 29-11-2011 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Want to get this laptop. Mainly just to browse the web but it would be very handy to be able to play FM. It only has Intel integrated HD Graphics 3000. Would this be capable to run FM? I would prefer to use 3D but if that's not possible I could withstand 2D. Also if you have any other recommendations for a laptop for under 500Euro I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

same, i want a laptop that i can load like a custom database that is very large plus most of the leagues in game and at same time game runs fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

graphics card is what you wanna look for for playing 3d matches, it has no real effect on the effects like that.

For just general speed its all down to processing and RAM,

I've a quad core desktop with 4 gb ddr2 and when i load a big database with heaps of leagues i get 3 and a half stars for game speed.

just managed a quick look at that laptop,

trying to remember my specs but that seems decent enough same RAM and i think i have 3.2ghz processor, i'd say experiement a tad with leagues before starting a proper game (as you have to wait till end of season to change them when you start) and see how it looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I don't need a lot of leagues, just England, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany. All the first division except for England which goes to league 2. And I can use 2D match engine. So do you guys reckon this laptop will be able to do that?

I don't need a lot of leagues, just England, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany. All the first division except for England which goes to league 2. And I can use 2D match engine. So do you guys reckon this laptop will be able to do that?

i'm pretty sure it would and you'd get at least 2 1/2 star game speed. Like i said earlier it has same RAM as me but i have the extra ghz, maybe someone one here has a similerly speced computer that would give a better idea though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

OP I dont want to get into into a multi threading(processor) discussion, so im just going ignore most of the replies to you already. :D

So I'll simply say yes that laptop should run what you want.

If you could though I would suggest trying to get something with an i5 chip for that extra power instead but i dont know your budget and dont really feel like searching for you.

A freind of mine has a 2 year old dell running one of the i3 chips and has no problems running fm12 and your setup doesnt sound like ti would be a major struggle for that machine to run.

danniemcq wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure it would and you'd get at least 2 1/2 star game speed. Like i said earlier it has same RAM as me but i have the extra ghz, maybe someone one here has a similerly speced computer that would give a better idea though
    Thanks for the help Dannie, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting that laptop unless the price increases drastically before Wednesday. I posted over on the PC Building and Upgrading forum and they said it should be able to run it.

OP I dont want to get into into a multi threading(processor) discussion, so im just going ignore most of the replies to you already. :D

So I'll simply say yes that laptop should run what you want.

If you could though I would suggest trying to get something with an i5 chip for that extra power instead but i dont know your budget and dont really feel like searching for you.

A freind of mine has a 2 year old dell running one of the i3 chips and has no problems running fm12 and your setup doesnt sound like ti would be a major struggle for that machine to run.
    Thanks Robbie, I can't justify paying so much for an i5, especially when I have a decent desktop that can run it on 5 stars game speed. I need a new laptop for web browsing but would be handy to be able to play FM on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Marco85 wrote: »
    Wow specs look nice. It doesn't specify the graphics card? I presume it's an Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics but if anyone could confirm this, I would appreciate it.

What's the build quality like on a Samsung laptop? I never even knew they made laptops. Have you got this laptop Marco? And an important factor for me is can I pay Littlewoods by cheque? Because I would like to get the VAT back.

• Advertisement

Wow specs look nice. It doesn't specify the graphics card? I presume it's an Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics but if anyone could confirm this, I would appreciate it.

What's the build quality like on a Samsung laptop? I never even knew they made laptops. Have you got this laptop Marco? And an important factor for me is can I pay Littlewoods by cheque? Because I would like to get the VAT back.

I ordered mine last night.Paid by credit card. think it is the intel hd 3000 intergrated graphics alright. i was on the si forums and a few people said it will run fm perfect so that was good enough for me and the price helped as well.

I ordered mine last night.Paid by credit card. think it is the intel hd 3000 intergrated graphics alright. i was on the si forums and a few people said it will run fm perfect so that was good enough for me and the price helped as well.
    Ah decisions, decisions! 6 GB Ram, i5, 640 GB Hard drive, how can I say no!? According to the littlewoods website, I can pay by check. Thanks for showing me this Marco.

I'm confused... Look at this page. it says you can pay by cheque. But only using a "Flexible Account". I'm fairly sure this is the plan where you pay like a certain percentage per month over a period of time. I don't want to do this. I want to pay the full amount by cheque. Anyone know if I can do this. If I can, I will definitely get this laptop.

I'm confused... Look at this page. it says you can pay by cheque. But only using a "Flexible Account". I'm fairly sure this is the plan where you pay like a certain percentage per month over a period of time. I don't want to do this. I want to pay the full amount by cheque. Anyone know if I can do this. If I can, I will definitely get this laptop.

im not sure mate,phone them up and ask them.Use discount code 276R8 at checkout to avail of the 20% discount bringing the price down to 495.

im not sure mate,phone them up and ask them.Use discount code 276R8 at checkout to avail of the 20% discount bringing the price down to 495.
    Rang them up, I can pay by cheque. And I don't need a flexible account. Website is a little bit misleading :/
    Thanks again, will let you know how I get on with it and tell me how FM runs on it will ya? :D

Advertisement