Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Organic Fertiliser from Industrial Sources

• 29-11-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All - apologies if I have posted to wrong area. Here is my predicament.

A local Farmer has his farm next to my house. He has recently applied for permission on the following...

"Change of use of agricultural slatted storage tank to accommodate the storage of organic fertilizer from industrial sources for spreading on agricultural land".

This stuff has already been stored next to us and stinks like hell...i.e we cannot hang any washing on line - have to close all windows

When asked what this was, the farmer gave me the attached document. does anyone know the contents ??

Can anyone advise on somone who has gone through this before and if they have any advice on whether we should appeal / how to appeal...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

I think you should remove the owners name & phone number !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭gazahayes

by the looks of it dairy sludge i think not 100% tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

having dealt with many types of organic fertilisers, this type will not cause any problems being stored, the smell is very mild once applied, You may request that the farmer incorporates within a time frame depending on what rules the EPA have in place. wastes of society have to be disposed of somewhere and there are no health risks with the above material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fenmc

cearnaigh wrote: »
    Hi All - apologies if I have posted to wrong area. Here is my predicament.

A local Farmer has his farm next to my house. He has recently applied for permission on the following...

"Change of use of agricultural slatted storage tank to accommodate the storage of organic fertilizer from industrial sources for spreading on agricultural land".

This stuff has already been stored next to us and stinks like hell...i.e we cannot hang any washing on line - have to close all windows

When asked what this was, the farmer gave me the attached document. does anyone know the contents ??

Can anyone advise on somone who has gone through this before and if they have any advice on whether we should appeal / how to appeal...
    Hi can i see the Document provided
    thanks

Advertisement