Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 - Under carriage plastic loose.

Options
  • 29-11-2011 10:14pm

Hey Guys

Car:
    Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2002.

During the floods at the end of October, I stupidly went through some water (not very high at all and no choice or abandon car) Should have left the car but anyway....

So a few days later I was walking to my car in work and noticed something underneath it.

Bent down to have a look and some of the plastic / metal under the car was hanging down. No issues at all with the car apart from that, so I'm guessing it is just some sort of protection??

Was talking to a mate who mentioned it can be common in Audis / VAG cars in general & it happens a lot after floods / a lot of rain.

Anyway, question is....is this a DIY job, EG just need to be pushed back up and clipped in, or use some cable ties etc. Or...
    Should I try fix myself or should I just bring it to advance or another garage?
    Anyone else have the same problem...if so, how much to get it fixed....broke at the moment, hence my hesitation so far in getting it fixed (Again, stupidity on my part).

I have attached some pics, you can see where I have the red there is some of it that is loose / fallen down for the length of the car, it was a lot lower but since I pushed up seems ok, but there is the other part that is hanging down (blue) and I can hear it scrape a little when I go over speed bumps....this is the more concerning part.

FYI - I'm by no means a petrol head, but I would be confident enough to carry out minor DIY on cars.

Cheers :D
    Spyguy
    photo3wsr.jpg
    photo2hl.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Cableties are your friends...

Cableties are your friends...

Seriously? That simple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Seriously? That simple?

Thats how most VAG under trays are held on after a few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

+2 the plastic clips never last.

Sweet, cheers lads...thought it would be a lot more expensive / hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Thats how most VAG under trays are held on after a few years...

Thats if they still have them :) most fall off and are never seen again

Just an update incase anyone comes across this post in the future

So guys, I brought the car in to advance, to change 2 bulbs that went (tried for an hour beforehand to replace myself, too fiddly lol)

On the off chance I thought I'd ask them to take a look.

They did....and tied it up for me with cable ties for free....only took a few mins, verses a lot longer for me to do it myself.

Cheers for all your advice :)

Advertisement