Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Remote Control

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

They sell them in HMV on Grafton St for about 18 or 19 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got one only yesterday for 13.99 in Argos !!!!!!

Down side is as a universal remote there's a fair bit of scanning / entering codes involved to get it to interact with the TV , the xbox side is fine works 100% but on my 5 years old samsung tv all that works is volume and input select, not a huge deal but would rather everything worked than only a few things, really down to your TV I guess.

The remote itself is nice in hand and great if you have a sky go package or movies on a pc you want to play with the xbox as an extender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

great thanks all
    going to order one in Argos

Strange how the Microsoft Ireland site is not selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Just got one of the new black remotes today too.

Anybody have any experience getting them to work with mac or pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

they're also available in GAME stores for €15, saw them yesterday in limerick.

i have one of the original white remotes and it will only do the vol -/+ , and the input source, pretty much like the sky remote to control your tv.

i cant get it to work at all for my laptop, even with an IR blaster, i have an HP media remote that will work both the laptop and the xbox alright, with the IR blaster phugged into the laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

xsiborg wrote: »
    i cant get it to work at all for my laptop, even with an IR blaster, i have an HP media remote that will work both the laptop and the xbox alright, with the IR blaster phugged into the laptop.

Yes I have a media remote that came with my Asus EeeBox EB1501P and it works on the Xbox too
    I just want to get another one for the Xbox as carting the 1 remote around the house is going to end in tears when someone mislays it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Instead of making a new thread, i'm going to bump this one.

I bought one of these today for a fiver new.
    xbox-universal-media-remote.jpg

Got it to work with the telly grand, but the xbox isn't playing ball. Its definitely connected because if i press the guide button it pops up. But nothing else will work. :(

Anyone got one or know of any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I think I had the same problem ages ago.

Go to System Settings.
    Choose Console Settings.
    Choose Remote Control. - There are 2 choices: Both Remotes and Xbox 360 Media Remote. Both remotes was selected by default on my console.
    Choose Xbox 360 Media Remote.

That worked for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

CMpunked wrote: »
    Instead of making a new thread, i'm going to bump this one.

I bought one of these today for a fiver new.

At a stab in the dark did you get it in Harvey Normans???? Based on what I saw in other threads i might regret not going up there today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Schorpio wrote: »
    I think I had the same problem ages ago.

Go to System Settings.
    Choose Console Settings.
    Choose Remote Control. - There are 2 choices: Both Remotes and Xbox 360 Media Remote. Both remotes was selected by default on my console.
    Choose Xbox 360 Media Remote.

That worked for me!

Done that, didn't seem to make a difference, thanks anyway.
    What are both remotes though?
    calex71 wrote: »
    At a stab in the dark did you get it in Harvey Normans???? Based on what I saw in other threads i might regret not going up there today :(

I didn't, picked it up down in Gamestop in scotch hall.
    I was up in HN on friday evening to scope out any little deals like this, but they had none. Thankfully GS could hook me up. :pac:
    They had a few as well, they are up above the xbox stuff on the left inside the door. :)

I just got it working eventually. Dont really know how, to be honest.
    I turned the xbox off and on, (because you know if its in any way IT related it should always be the first port of call) and kept pressing the guide button and then the TV button, then the guide button again and somewhere in the middle it just started working.
    Very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

CMpunked wrote: »
    Done that, didn't seem to make a difference, thanks anyway.
    What are both remotes though?

The 360 is also supposed to work with 'generic' Windows Media Center remotes. So that's where the 'both' comes from. Good to hear you got it working anyway. :)

Advertisement