Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sony vaio vpcee2m1e not loading windows 7 ?.

• 29-11-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭

hi i have a sony vaio vpcee2m1e windows 7 home premium 64 bit laptop,that won,t boot up windows.i get the message restart and insert windows install disc.my laptop didnt come with windows and i never made the 3 restore disc,s :(

i bought it back to where i bought it and the said for me to contact sony and have them send me the discs for 55 euros.
    just wondering is there any way i can get it working without having to shell out 55 quid,anyhow i dont think the discs will work now.as i tried putting a different windows 7 on it.so i think theres a different windows 7 product key on it to whats on the bottom of my laptop.

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

If you already have a Windows 7 disc just put it in and do a reinstall, assuming you don't have any precious files that need saving. Although when Windows 7 does a reinstall over an old Windows install it copies all your files into a folder in the C: drive so that shouldn't be much of an issue anyway.

If you don't have a Windows 7 disc just follow through this guide which will give you links to the downloads you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

followed that link you gave me and made the iso then burnt to disc and it installs windows 7 to a certain point,but when laptop restarts i get the following message,windows failed to start which might be due to a recent hardware or software change.do the following:

1.insert the windows install disc
    2.click repair your computer

i tryed it and still get the same message,but sometimes the windows 7 install resumes and once it restarts same message again.

any ideas,my head is wrecked at this stage.

could really do with some here lads,virtually pulling me hair out :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

There should be a recovery partition on the laptop.
    Check the.manual to see how to do.it.....it will be called factory reset or something to that effect.

Note by doing this you will lose any data you had

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

bassy wrote: »
    Did you ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu?

today i had reinstalled windows 7 home premium 64 bit on my laptop,but i as soon as i turned it off and turned it on later i got the black screen with the message of please insert your windows cd :confused:

i had it installed,but it keeps going back to this error,so i dont know what to do now.

how do i ensure that the disk controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu ?.

Gurgle wrote: »
    Did you ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu?

how do i ensure that the disk controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu ?.

When you turn on your PC, the first screen that comes up has a message along the lines of 'Press F2 to enter BIOS' or 'Press Del to enter BIOS'.

This brings you to a configuration screen, find your hard disk controller (probably SATA) and ensure your hard disk shows up there.

Also check the Boot order, check your disk is selected as a boot device.

If this doesn't work, then you're probably going to lose EVERYTHING you have on that drive. If there is anything you need or want on there, then don't do this.

Start the re-install again, when you get to that 'choose your partition to install' screen then delete all partitions and create a new one. Format it and install there, this will give you a completely fresh installation.

If this doesn't work then either hard drive or motherboard is for the bin.

Tryed all that and no success at all,my Sony vaio is 11 months old and still under warranty.I bought it on the 24th December in sherwoods electronics,I bought it back to them when I first got this problem and the were not to friendly or help full saying I need the 3 restore or recovery discs and to ring Sony and pay them 55 euros.

Those recovery discs won't work,because when you cannot install a new windows 7 os on the laptop,those recovery discs were just a easy get out clause for the shop in getting rid of me.

am I entitled to a new vaio if the motherboard is fecked??.

I bought it back to them when I first got this problem and the were not to friendly or help full saying I need the 3 restore or recovery discs and to ring Sony and pay them 55 euros.
    Bùll****, bring it back in and find a manager to yell at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

As I always say Sony Vaio are a rubbish machine, I've seen so many with problems its unreal. This issue could be a hard drive one, download Ultimate Boot CD, burn to a CD, boot off it and run a hard drive diagnostic scan.
    If that passes something which you could try is, under the Repair Your Computer options choose DOS prompt and type the following:
    bootrec.exe /fixboot
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    Hope this helps

Nick

doesnt seem to be a ultimatebootcd for windows 7 ?.

yoyo wrote: »
    As I always say Sony Vaio are a rubbish machine, I've seen so many with problems its unreal. This issue could be a hard drive one, download Ultimate Boot CD, burn to a CD, boot off it and run a hard drive diagnostic scan.
    If that passes something which you could try is, under the Repair Your Computer options choose DOS prompt and type the following:
    bootrec.exe /fixboot
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    Hope this helps

Nick

doesnt seem to be a ultimatebootcd for windows 7 ?.

You download the .iso, then burn it onto a CD, the hard disk diagnostics are OS independent, I reccomend using Seatools for Dos.

Nick

yoyo do you have a direct link to the iso download?,cheers.

yoyo wrote: »
    You download the .iso, then burn it onto a CD, the hard disk diagnostics are OS independent, I reccomend using Seatools for Dos.

Nick

yoyo do you have a direct link to the iso download?,cheers.

http://ubcd.mirror.fusa.be/ubcd511.iso

Advertisement