Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmaceutical manufacturing

• 29-11-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,
    I am a final year Electrical Services & Energy student looking to get into the pharma manufacturing area. I recently came across an online level 7 course which runs for five months. The course title is "BioPharma Chem(E)" run by DPS training in conjunction with DIT. Although the course runs through different process techniques and manufacturing equipment, I am wary that at 2500 euros it might be a waste of time.
    Anyone else out there do this course and if so what kind of work did you attain afterwards?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Do DIT accredit it? If so, what's the qualification? I'd be cynical too...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Isnt it just a basic conversion course? engineers ireland did one recently. I think there were posts on here about it? As far as I can remember it was also run by DPS

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Funkyman

Thanks for the replies guys, I dont think the qualification from this course is worthwhile and is financially exhorbitant to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LunchGuru

Hi guys. I have just completed the course & on the back of it was able to obtain a placement within industry. It's a good deal of work to get through over the few weeks but it has definitely been worth it to me for a career move.

I got an email the other day from the coordinator about a small number of places still available through a grant scheme which covers all the costs involved.
    If you send me a PM i can pass on relevant contact details. Looks as though grant cut off is in the next few days however. More than happy to answer any questions about the course

Hi Lunchguru,

What kind of background do you come from, and what kind of placement did you get?

• Advertisement

Hi Lunchguru, that would be great if you could give me information on the grant for the course. Im not sure if this course would be beneficial to me but if you could tell be what sort of background you come from and the placement you secured it might be clearer.

Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LunchGuru

I have a degree in mechanical engineering but the rest of the class were from a real mix of backgrounds. some technical but not all.
    I'm working in a quality control role with a multinational pharmaceutical company in one of their dublin plants. new enough to the role but I'm liking it so far & it will lead to more senior roles. pay packet is very decent too.
    See here for contact details for someone who deals with the grants. hopefully it's still available.

Hey Lunchguru thanks for the information it was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anwarulhaq

Hi ,, i have degree in Technology management . i am interested in MSc in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. Just want to know this course will be useful or Is the DPS offer the MSc in pharmaceutical

hey Mo Charas. Send me a friend request. We can only conquer together. I too aim to enter the pharma industry in QC analysis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement