Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useless reception in my house

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭

Im not too sure if this is the right thread but in the past few months the reception in my house is useless. My calls constantly fail and it's beginning to get very annoying having to go up to my bedroom to take a call.

We got our house insulated last year. Would this have anything to do with it?

Any way I can help solve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If the house had a lot of aluminium sheeting in the insulation, it would have a detrimental effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Im not too sure if this is the right thread but in the past few months the reception in my house is useless. My calls constantly fail and it's beginning to get very annoying having to go up to my bedroom to take a call.

+1 since I moved to 3 infact from o2, who are you with as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

vicwatson wrote: »
    +1 since I moved to 3 infact from o2, who are you with as a matter of interest?

I'm with Meteor on iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

same thing happened to us poxy, both my wife and i had to switch from meteor as the signal deteriorated over a period of 3-5 months. initially, we had also suspected the insulation but the signal was fine for the first few months after moving into the house. it was down to a problem with the meteor network, which they wouldn't admit, because after switching and using the same phones, we are able to make calls anywhere in the house.

switched to 3, but that carries it's own risks - get a sim first to test the reception in your own area before switching to any other provider.

Advertisement