Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3-bed house, €100k - North Dublin

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a house in North Dublin for 100k or less :/ I'm hoping for something that needs as little done as possible and in an area that will be nice to bring my daughter up. It's starting to look impossible. Either there's a nice house, garden etc in a really rough area or a ramshakle house in a mediocre area.

I don't know what to do, can anyone give me tips where else to look besides daft or areas that the prices are cheap in a safe area.
    Appreciate any replies thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

At the moment, you're limiting your options quite a bit if it's only north dublin (actually, probably for all of dublin) that you want

Can you give any more information? Are you single/in a relationship/married? Do you have a job? What type of job? How much (roughly) do you (both?) earn? Where do you live (as in county, not your address) at the moment?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

CarMe wrote: »
    I don't know what to do, can anyone give me tips where else to look besides daft or areas that the prices are cheap in a safe area.

In your dreams?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Very unlikely you will get a house for that money but certainly not as you decribed. You could get an appartment that will be your best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I live in Dundalk and the house your looking for is coming close to that price (around €115k) here now but you couldn`t buy a 3 bed in Dublin north or Drogheda even for that money and I don`t think your expectations are realistic. Maybe you might have some chance with an apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I'm looking to buy a house in North Dublin for 100k or less :/ I'm hoping for something that needs as little done as possible and in an area that will be nice to bring my daughter up. It's starting to look impossible. Either there's a nice house, garden etc in a really rough area or a ramshakle house in a mediocre area.

I've seens a few threads from you OP and I have to ask...what is the rush?
    You have capital. House prices are going down.
    Just rent for a few years and you will get much better value for your cash.
    Take your time, be patient and good luck.
    Don't end up buying a house in a dump when you could get much better in 3-4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭JaneyMacker

Appreciate any replies thanks.

Me too.
    Actually if someone finds one for €100k I'll pay €105k for that house if you give it to me instead. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In your dreams?
    Constructive posts only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Balbriggan and Swords looking cheap and safe. Maybe portrane too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Balbriggan and Swords looking cheap and safe. Maybe portrane too.

Commuter towns. Eventually the suburbs where most Dubs will want to live will reach affordability, just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

According to the Irish Independent-the advice at the moment is to rent not buy.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/young-couples-told-rent-dont-buy-as-prices-keep-falling-2949450.html
    House prices are predicted to fall by a further 17% in the next two years.
    If you go onto Myhome this morning, there are 85 properties currently asking between €125k and €150k in North Dublin. Some of them you wouldn’t touch with a barge pole but there are others in nicer locations.
    So two years time, those properties will be asking between €103,750 and €124,500.
    Assuming that you can bargain another 10%-it brings some much nicer properties into your price range. If it’s a property that you want to live in for a long time-why not wait and buy better??
    Also, who’s to say that property won’t fall by even more than 17% and that you can negotiate even better than 10% off asking.
    Just something to think about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭JaneyMacker

If you are willing to commute :)

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=461908

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

theg81der wrote: »
    I live in Dundalk and the house your looking for is coming close to that price (around €115k) here now but you couldn`t buy a 3 bed in Dublin north or Drogheda even for that money and I don`t think your expectations are realistic. Maybe you might have some chance with an apartment.

wait a year or two and you might be able to buy a house in drogheda and north dublin for 100 k

Advertisement