Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope for .17hmr

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Lads any recommendations on what scope to put on top of a 17hmr. Money is a factor. All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

How much of a factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Longranger wrote: »
    How much of a factor?

€200 max

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭beretta391

i had a 3x9 burris fullfield11 and worked savage, i loved that scope, never lost its zero...........

Boiled-egg wrote: »
    €200 max

If you're not in a big panic have a look at the sportsmanguncentre website. They have a cracking sale on at the moment. You'll get a lovely bushnell banner 3-12 or even 6-18x50 within your budget. But there's plenty more than that so get online while the offers are still there. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Ild go for a bushnell banner myself or a second hand nickon would be a good buy aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

i have a burris fullfield11, cant fault it at all, really nice scope on the annie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I have a Simmons WTC 6.5-20x50
    Great scope for the money. I got it for $128 new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

In my opinion you should go for the 6-18x50. The hmr is well capable of reaching out to 200 yards on bunnies, so you'll want high magnification to pop them in the head out that far

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Lads fair play to ye.
    Great bit of info.
    Plenty of food for thought!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I was going to post that link earlier but my internet. after spotting the price of it im going to pick it up myself i hope. great price.
    anyone know how long the sale is on for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

O'Hallorans in drangan have the bushnell banner 6-18x50 on sale at €199.
    That is a great price for those scopes. I have one sitting on my 10/22

Advertisement