Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanders - Dutch toffee biscuits

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Our local supermarket has these really yummy biscuits it sells in the fancy produce section. They're called Spanders and apparently are Dutch. They're very very thin toffee biscuits.

They're really expensive to buy so I wanted to make some and maybe bring them to work as Christmas presents but I can't find a recipe anywhere online. Do they go by another name? Spanders is what they're called on the packet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

They look yum and very similiar to the supermarket ones! Only thing is, what are toffee candy bits? not sure I've seen anything like them in the baking section!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

same as chocolate chips but are toffee you can make.your.own by freezing toffee in a bag and belting it with a rolling pin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Interesting! I reckon I'd have to go for the toffee in a bag option, I don't recall ever seeing toffee chips at the supermarket. I'll have a look when I'm there next.

Advertisement