Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am i making a mistake going to Lunatic fringe trainee hairdresser

• 30-11-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

As the title says, am i making a mistake? I have an appointment in lunatic fringe on liffey st tomorrow upstairs in the training academy. I am now havin second thoughts, im getting my colour and cut done, plus havin a fringe cut again sooo obviousy this needs to be done well. Apparently the teachers are standing bedside them etc. Has anyone ever been here? What was your experience? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I always get my hair done there! I only ever get a wash cut and blowdry, so I've no experience with the colour end of it, but I've always been very happy with what I've had done :) The trainee will ask what you want done, then the teacher will come over and make sure the trainee is okay with what's being done. Don't worry, they won't be allowed touch your hair if they aren't completely certain about what they're doing! The teacher won't be standing beside them the whole time, as they have to get around to everyone, but they will keep checking up, and if the trainee has any doubts they'll wait for the teacher to come over. The teacher will always check your hair at the end and make sure everything is in order - more than a few times it's ended up that they've had to fix little things, but they were only small things like how my layers were sitting. Things that I probably wouldn't have noticed myself, to be honest!

The teachers usually cut my fringe for me, too, although a few times I've had it done by the trainees. Usually they were the more experienced ones, though. I will say that last time I did have a bad experience - my hair was left uneven, it was a little bit longer on one side. But I called them up and it was no problem to have it fixed, I just went in and one of the teachers fixed it up for me for free. That was honestly the first time in about 3 years that I've had any issue, though, so I wouldn't let it put you off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

The first time I went (a few years back) a wash/cut/blow dry by a trainee was free and the last time I was there the same again was ten bob. I haven't been there in almost two years?

Be prepared for it to take a lot longer than normal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I wouldn't worry about it OP.

I've cut my own hair for years but to be honest if I was going to get someone else to do it i'd prefer if a trainee did it, at least they will actually listen to your requests, unlike a lot of fully trained hairdressers who seem to think that what you ask them to do is simply a suggestion and that they are then free to do whatever they like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I used to get my hair done there all the time. It takes longer than normal but the trainee will have a teacher checking their work every few mins so the end result is not compromised at all. I was never disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Thanks fore the replies. Unfortunately there was no replies by the time of my appointment so i ended up getting cold feet and cancelling. Went to my regular hairdresser and paid €127 for my hair. Sick now i did. I will defo head into lunatic fringe next time cos 127 ridiculous money, especially coming up to xmas. Feel silly now for not going tru with it lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement