Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats my laptop worth?

• 30-11-2011 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thinking of upgrading my laptop, I'm currently using a Dell Inspiron 1525 with the specs below, it works flawlessly and was bought in November 2008 and has had very light use (10 hrs per week max) for DJ work and has never been connected to the net except to download DJ software and run updates. I wiped it and installed Win 7 this April (11). I just need something with a better graphics card as I now do Video DJ as well as regular DJ work. The Dell has never actually crashed during a gid or anything but I feel a better graphics card would be more suitable for what I do. I have another laptop that I use to download music etc so this is almost as new. Only fault is the battery life is poor, probably an hour or so but a new battery would sort that no doubt. Would anybody be able to shed some light on what this machine might be worth as I'm thinking of sticking it on Donedeal / Adverts. It has 4 x USB ports & HDMI, S-Video & VGA outputs. It cost over €1,000 new (I know this is probably irrelavant), would €300=€400 be too optomistic?

INSPIRON 1525 CORE 2 DUO T8100 2.10GHZ, 81
    DISPLAY 15.4" WIDESCREEN WXGA (1280X800)1
    2.0 MEGA PIXEL WEB CAMERA1
    LCD BACK COVER JET BLACK MATTE1
    SHIP ACCESSORIES EUROPEAN INSPIRON 15251
    DOCUMENTATION ENGLISH EMEA 1 (EN, AR, DU1
    RESOURCE DVD INSPIRON 1525 - (DIAGNOSTIC1
    MEMORY DUAL CHANNEL 4.0GB (2X2048) 667 M1
    HARD DRIVE 320GB SATA (5400RPM)1
    OPTICAL DRIVE 8XDVD+/-RW DRIVE INCLUDING
    GRAPHIC INTEL INTEGRATED GMA X3100

Looking at getting an ASUS machine with an i7 Quad core, 8GB RAM and a 2GB GFX card. I assume I can expect a big difference in performance? Or should I keep my money in my pocket for the moment? All replies appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

150, 200 tops i reckon. Not a chance of getting 300/400 tbh. You can get laptops with core i3 processors for less than 400 these days.

Laptop resale prices suck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

150, 200 tops i reckon. Not a chance of getting 300/400 tbh. You can get laptops with core i3 processors for less than 400 these days.

Laptop resale prices suck...
    Fair enough, will probably sell it anyway, will be a good machine for somebody, might sell it to a friend for €150. Thanks.

EDIT: As an aside, do you think this would lappie would be overkill for what I do. I know headroom is always useful but if I could save a few hundred I'd be willing to reconsider. Somebody linked this about a week ago and it looks very good.

Advertisement