Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stretching my ears.

• 30-11-2011 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

First thread in here , but I've been lurking for a while.

I've started to stretch my ears. I'm probably going to stop at 2g and get plugs but I have a few questions :)

Currently I have a 2mm taper in my ear, how long should I wear this before moving up to the next size? And is wearing tapers for a long time a bad idea? I've read that it isn't in the low sizes but once you go bigger they start to weigh down, but I'm probably going to buy plugs once I hit 6g and only use the tapers for getting the plugs in.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

a month per size is the general rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

What's 6g? I'm at 16mm . Sorry I'm not used to g measurement, but yeah a month or two between stretches is recommended. Will should know, afaik he has big ears.

seanybiker wrote: »
    What's 6g? I'm at 16mm . Sorry I'm not used to g measurement, but yeah a month or two between stretches is recommended. Will should know, afaik he has big ears.
    guage.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah right right so small enough at the moment.
    What I done was had the tunnels and after a few weeks I would wrap them in ptfe and put them back in again. You can get roughly half a stretch out of them that way then the next time put in a proper tunnel, then after a few weeks just wrap that one in ptfe to and put it in again. Carry on until desired size.
    Saying that, I done a few stretches when I shouldn't have and was lucky that it didn't fook up to much.
    They're grand now. Been at 16mm for ages. Happy with 16 myself.
    Realisticly it's roughly 2 months between stretching (I think) but as I said. I healed up not to bad apart from one almost blow out.
    There's no rush on it. Ptfe does rule.
    Metal is horrible because you will have some smell off the ears. Anything pourus is good. Wood etc.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ah right right so small enough at the moment.
    What I done was had the tunnels and after a few weeks I would wrap them in ptfe and put them back in again. You can get roughly half a stretch out of them that way then the next time put in a proper tunnel, then after a few weeks just wrap that one in ptfe to and put it in again. Carry on until desired size.
    Saying that, I done a few stretches when I shouldn't have and was lucky that it didn't fook up to much.
    They're grand now. Been at 16mm for ages. Happy with 16 myself.
    Realisticly it's roughly 2 months between stretching (I think) but as I said. I healed up not to bad apart from one almost blow out.
    There's no rush on it. Ptfe does rule.
    Metal is horrible because you will have some smell off the ears. Anything pourus is good. Wood etc.

Not while healing after a fresh stretch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

seanbmc wrote: »
    First thread in here , but I've been lurking for a while.

I've started to stretch my ears. I'm probably going to stop at 2g and get plugs but I have a few questions :)

Currently I have a 2mm taper in my ear, how long should I wear this before moving up to the next size? And is wearing tapers for a long time a bad idea? I've read that it isn't in the low sizes but once you go bigger they start to weigh down, but I'm probably going to buy plugs once I hit 6g and only use the tapers for getting the plugs in.

Thanks.

Tapers aren't jewellery and shouldn't be worn for long periods- you should only use them to stretch up a size in one go. It can be confusing because so many people do wear them as jewellery and they're frequently sold with o-rings.

I preferred the taping method (using PTFE/plumber's tape to gradually increase the width of the jewellery being worn) sometimes combined with tapering+lube.

Metal is fine while stretching as porous material isn't good for fresh stretches. It won't smell if you clean the plugs/ears regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Gauge wrote: »
    Tapers aren't jewellery and shouldn't be worn for long periods- you should only use them to stretch up a size in one go. It can be confusing because so many people do wear them as jewellery and they're frequently sold with o-rings.

I preferred the taping method (using PTFE/plumber's tape to gradually increase the width of the jewellery being worn) sometimes combined with tapering+lube.

Metal is fine while stretching as porous material isn't good for fresh stretches. It won't smell if you clean the plugs/ears regularly.

I've been wearing these tapers for about a week and now I've put in a 2.5mm plug. What's this PTFE tape you're talking about? And where can I get it? I heard that it saves you money, not having to buy new jewlery.

It's the white tape plumbers use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You can get it in b&q, woodies, other shops like that. Only costs a few euros, and a bit of oil helps it stick/stay on the plug.

Cool, may get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

dude never wear tapers in youe ear no matter what the size,you shouldnt be sleeping with tapers in for sure..

the ptfe tape is about 2 euro a roll,when your ready to stretch put 2 layers of it onto your plug, go into town into the body / health shops and buy a bottle of emu oil or johaba oil,they sell them for around 12 euro a bottle. massage the oil into your ears, then dip the plug with the 2 layers of tape into some oil,get the oil all into the tape,then insert the plug into your ear, dont take the plug out of your ear for 3 days,after 3 days take it out add another 2 layers of tape onto it,massage oil into your ears,cover the plug in oil then slide it in,keep doin this untill you have gotten to the next size then put a plug of that size into your ear,leave it in for about a week dont touch it while the stretching is healing..

never stretch more then 1mm at a time,youll only do damage and risk a blow out, when your adding tape you only wana add small amount so that you are increasing the size of the plug by about 1 third of a mm,this way it should not hurt goin in,it should just slide in and feel a little tight once in but no pain..

buy some cheap metal plugs in each size,u can get them on bodyartforums.com for about 8euro a pair,takes a week for delivery.so if your at 3mm you will tape up to 4mm,then put a 4mm plug into your ear, after 2 or 3 months you will add tape onto the 4mm plug and then wen the tape is at 5mm add a 5mm plug into your ear..

do not use a 3mm plug and tape it up to 5mm youll only be askin for problems.

CyberJuice wrote: »
    dude never wear tapers in youe ear no matter what the size,you shouldnt be sleeping with tapers in for sure..

the ptfe tape is about 2 euro a roll,when your ready to stretch put 2 layers of it onto your plug, go into town into the body / health shops and buy a bottle of emu oil or johaba oil,they sell them for around 12 euro a bottle. massage the oil into your ears, then dip the plug with the 2 layers of tape into some oil,get the oil all into the tape,then insert the plug into your ear, dont take the plug out of your ear for 3 days,after 3 days take it out add another 2 layers of tape onto it,massage oil into your ears,cover the plug in oil then slide it in,keep doin this untill you have gotten to the next size then put a plug of that size into your ear,leave it in for about a week dont touch it while the stretching is healing..

never stretch more then 1mm at a time,youll only do damage and risk a blow out, when your adding tape you only wana add small amount so that you are increasing the size of the plug by about 1 third of a mm,this way it should not hurt goin in,it should just slide in and feel a little tight once in but no pain..

buy some cheap metal plugs in each size,u can get them on bodyartforums.com for about 8euro a pair,takes a week for delivery.so if your at 3mm you will tape up to 4mm,then put a 4mm plug into your ear, after 2 or 3 months you will add tape onto the 4mm plug and then wen the tape is at 5mm add a 5mm plug into your ear..

do not use a 3mm plug and tape it up to 5mm youll only be askin for problems.

Thanks man :)

Advertisement