Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O' connell street to The Park carrick mines. less than an hour !

Options
  • 30-11-2011 5:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

ok so im open to suggestions here on how to get from O connell street to the park carrick mines as fast as possible at 8pm on a wednesday and friday night.

so far im thinking luas - is this the fastest ?

i have the ability to use bus.

i also have the ability to park the car in town and drive out if its worth doing time wise.

anyone have a good means of getting there ?

leaving one building at 8pm and need to be in another for 9pm !

or if i park somewhere along the luas or dart line just so i can get out of the city then boot it down some non city roads ?

my origional plan was to drive to the park, get a luas into town. leave at 8 to walk to the luas at stephens green, wait for the right luas that goes to ballyogen road and walk into the park but i fear i may be cutting it very short time wise.

any suggestions welcome !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

just to add to this i've done it the other way a few times.

i'd take the car from the park and drive to a luas stop... (i was nearly racing a luas and bet my car into the car park and legged it to the ticket machine and got on the luas with seconds to spare)

got to town, walked really fast down to o'connell street and got to the place i needed to be with less than one minuete to spare.

i did not time waste anywhere.

it was as soon as it struck 5pm i ran from the park and i got into o'connell street building at 5:59pm

i just need to do it the other way as fast as possible.

like i said its only every seconds luas or so that goes to carrickmines so cant afford to be waiting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

15km via the N11.

It'd take you 35-40 mins to cycle it if that's an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Drive ?

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Drive ?

I will if I can make it down in time between parking and route.

Any recommendations ?

At 8pm you'll have no problems driving from town to carrickmines on the M50. 40 mins max I would have thought. Definitely your best option. I find the Luas painfully slow past sandyford.

• Advertisement

driving the N11 or M50 at 8pm shouldn't be an issue at all IMO.
    Less than half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

LUAS from Stephen's Green takes about half an hour, or so, to Leopardstown Valley, but you'd want the next stop and I can't remember it's name.

Oh yeah, you actually want the stop before the one called Carrickmines. It's less than 10 mins slow walk from that stop to the Park. Would take you about 45 mins plus waiting time for the LUAS.

Loads of parking in Carrickmines, at that time in morning you can park anywhere, later on don't bother trying to find a space near the shops and just head to the free underground parking.

Thanks all. Trip into town in the cat it is so.

Recommendations for parking ? Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

robbie_998 wrote: »

Recommendations for parking ? Thanks again :)

The big car park ?

6cee9037-ca81-45aa-8441-4ef159e89cc8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

i also have the ability to park the car in town and drive out if its worth doing time wise.

cool super power park and drive at the same time :eek:

Advertisement