Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scarring + removal?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hi lads hows it goin, got 2 tattoos chineese writting on my side and tribal on me back and i want em gone! but i was wondering parts of the tattoo feel raised off me skin like bumps is that scarring? paid good money and to be honest i think they were done pure s***, anyway back to topic getting them removed?? pricey will it be totaly removed and the raised outline and bumps on the tattoo is that scaring and will it be visible when removed? many thx for any feed back lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

It'll be extremely painful to get done and there will be traces left.
    Your best bet might be a cover-up, though it sounds like you just regret your choice of tattoos and the fault with that lies with nobody except you.
    Have you gone back to JMD's? They've a good rep and its only fair to let them attempt to fix this before publicly tearing into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BackntheDay

yes i know they have a good rep and yes i know its my fault for the bad choice of tattoos but the chineese symbols are flawed + the chineese saying they had that i picked out means absolutely nothing what they said it ment and the tribal piece on my back had alot of scarring i just know because its very bumpy in places and i think it was down to his apprentice!! anyway paid good money got bad tattoos BUT i will erase their name as that wasnt the point of the thread

yes i know they have a good rep and yes i know its my fault for the bad choice of tattoos but the chineese symbols are flawed + the chineese saying they had that i picked out means absolutely nothing what they said it ment and the tribal piece on my back had alot of scarring i just know because its very bumpy in places and i think it was down to his apprentice!! anyway paid good money got bad tattoos BUT i will erase their name as that wasnt the point of the thread

Unless you could read chinese, you had no business getting a chinese tattoo, in my opinion. For all you know, it could read "Love & Hope" or it might say "I love carrots in my arse" and you'd be none the wiser as to which it is. It's no fault of the tattoo shop that their chinese flash doesn't have a meaning, and that you couldn't be bothered to research it yourself.

As for the bumpiness, I'd go back and show them.

With regards it being an apprentice, the choice of artist is down to you - and I'd guess that the apprentice offered to do it for cheaper than one of the established artists?

your obviously bias! so you think them having a chineese saying with its translation with it wrong my fault?? they have it up so it is choosen by the customer thats what its there for!! so what your saying that full selection of chineese writting they have with their translations , thats all wrong and its the customers fault?? so i walk into a shop and ask for a litre of milk but get sold a carton of orange juice id still be wrong? dont make me laugh??thats a complete joke why would they even bother having it up for ???? and yes i was charged fully for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How old are the tattoos? You can get them removed but it is a long and painful process and might not fully remove the tattoo. Best bet would be to get a couple of sessions of laser and then if you want to, get a coverup.

• Advertisement

your obviously bias!

Biased against or in favour of what?!
    so you think them having a chineese saying with its translation with it wrong my fault??

Yes, it is your fault. You don't know what it means!! If you can't be arsed to know what symbol is being etched into your skin, then you shouldn't get a foreign language tattoo in the first place.
    they have it up so it is choosen by the customer thats what its there for!! so what your saying that full selection of chineese writting they have with their translations , thats all wrong and its the customers fault??

What did they claim it meant? And what does it mean?
    How did you find out it didn't mean what they claimed?
    so i walk into a shop and ask for a litre of milk but get sold a carton of orange juice id still be wrong? dont make me laugh??

This is a case of you walking into a shop in China, asking for "one of them" while vaguely pointing at the fridge, and then getting pissy when you leave the shop as you got orange juice instead of milk, despite not asking for milk in the first place. It's your responsibility to know what you're buying.
    thats a complete joke why would they even bother having it up for ???? and yes i was charged fully for it!!

Because obviously, some of their customers haven't the foresight or interest to research what they want tattooed on them - instead they'd prefer to come in and pick some symbol off the wall that could mean anything from 'Peace' to 'Penis'.
    I'm not doubting you were charged fully - but the rate of that apprentice would very very likely be less than the rate of an established artist there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

the rate of that apprentice would very very likely be less than the rate of an established artist there.

AFAIK there is no apprentice in JMD's. The only tattoo artists working there are Joe & Ian who are both highly regarded artists!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

so you think them having a chineese saying with its translation with it wrong my fault??

TBH, yes. You hadn't put time into deciding what you want done, and picked a "Chinese" symbol off the wall, assuming it meant what the picture on the wall said it means.

It could still mean exactly what it says it means, but in a different language to the one of the person that told you it means nothing.

the rate of that apprentice would very very likely be less than the rate of an established artist there.

AFAIK there is no apprentice in JMD's. The only tattoo artists working there are Joe & Ian who are both highly regarded artists!

It was the OP who suggested it was an apprentice. I'm not aware if there is or isn't an apprentice in JMD's.

this was about 4 years ago r so, and he was doing all the sympol tattoos so thats my guess!! ur obviously friends with or know them because what ur saying is stupid, its 4 symbols together that they had that said it!
    so ur saying tattoo artist should just feck anything up on their walls and say hey the customers dont know what they mean so hey feck it! well just make up a laod a s*** n leave them pick it! thats what ur saying?? why would they have them there for the customers to pick out if there wrong?just cuz i cant speak the language ive no business getting it?! who are you to say that? thats what i wanted, ur just defending a bad job n what ur saying is completely stupid, dont bother replying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CLJohny

hi lads hows it goin, got 2 tattoos chineese writting on my side and tribal on me back and i want em gone! but i was wondering parts of the tattoo feel raised off me skin like bumps is that scarring? paid good money and to be honest i think they were done pure s***, anyway back to topic getting them removed?? pricey will it be totaly removed and the raised outline and bumps on the tattoo is that scaring and will it be visible when removed? many thx for any feed back lads!

If you have patience and time you could fade your tattoos naturally before you get the removed proffesionally once and for all it will be much less pricy, it only requires a bit more patience so I don't hope you're in a hurry

this was about 4 years ago r so, and he was doing all the sympol tattoos so thats my guess!!

I hope you see the irony of giving out about a tattoo artist doing a symbol that means nothing when you can't even spell english
    ur obviously friends with or know them because what ur saying is stupid, its 4 symbols together that they had that said it!

Nope, all I know of JMD's is by reputation on here, which is always good.

so ur saying tattoo artist should just feck anything up on their walls and say hey the customers dont know what they mean so hey feck it!

If a customer is daft enough to think "feck, anything up on their walls will look good", then yeah.
    well just make up a laod a s*** n leave them pick it! thats what ur saying??

What I'm saying is that it's rank stupidity to pick a tattoo in a language that you can't read and obviously have zero knowledge on.
    why would they have them there for the customers to pick out if there wrong?

Again, I'd ask why you'd randomly pick a chinese symbol off the wall, not know what it actually meant, and get pissy when you hear it means nothing? You literally DO NOT KNOW what is on your skin - you didn't know then, and you still don't know.

just cuz i cant speak the language ive no business getting it?!

Nope, if you did a little research and KNEW what you were getting, I'd respect that. For example, I'd have three separate sources make sure what I was getting was correct.
    who are you to say that?

I'm someone who put a lot of thought into my tattoo, and have never felt even a twinge of regret about it.
    You, on the other hand, have two tattoos you're unhappy with.

I know who I'd listen to when it comes to tattoos.
    thats what i wanted, ur just defending a bad job n what ur saying is completely stupid,

It might be what you wanted, but your laziness meant that it's not what you got.
    I'm not defending anything - what I'm saying is use your head when it comes to big decisions (such as getting inked) and don't blame others when you're at fault.
    dont bother replying

Whoops :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lads, keep this civil please, any continuation of the arguing back and forth will earn a temporary ban.

Let's keep this about tattoo removal and scarring from here on in.

Laser removal will more break up the tattoo than completely remove it. You will most likely be left with scarring, and the raised parts of the skin will not go down from the laser removal, and will most probably be made worse.

thats all i needed to know thx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Just furthering what Damo said- laser removal will break up the tattoo, but there's no guarantee it will completely remove it, you could still be left with a faint trace of the original tattoo. And by all accounts it's very,, very painful.

Tbh, i'd go for a cover up. If it's just chinese symbols and tribal it should be easy enough to cover. I had considered getting a tattoo that I got on my ankle when i was about 18 removed, but I went down the cover up route instead and I could be happier with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I've had a similar experience (bad tattoo and scarring) and i went for laser first and then a cover up.

I started a thread on here about it, check it out if you want.

I'm hopeless with posting links so the thread is called "Laser tattoo removal"

Advertisement