Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Start Up Funding Question/Help

Options
  • 30-11-2011 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello there,
    I’ll be soon starting up my first small business. I’m looking to raise approximately €25,000. I have little saving at the moment and therefore would be looking to pay myself a small wage from the €25,000.

In people’s experience, is it a bad idea to include my wages in a business plan when submitting it to investors/banks/funders.

Thanks in advance,
    Karl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moved to the "Entrepreneurial & Business Management" forum; think this is a better match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

No not at all.

It is realistic that you should expect to be earning something from the business and it shows that you envisage that it is viable enough to pay its way.

Banks also like to see that you are putting some of your own money into the venture also rathe then relying on their money alone. It shows that you believe in the venture and it is not just a "punt".

Hope this helps

dbran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KarlMacGhear

Cool. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement