Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a solution for dynamic display of csv data

Options
  • 30-11-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We are using MS SQL server and DB2. I'm looking for a solution where I can dynamically display data on a monitor that updates every 30 seconds or so.

I would also like to develop it over to time to monitor other systems like checking that networks are functioning correctly - load on some servers etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Freddio

if its a web based app, use the following in the head section
    [B][COLOR=#0066FF][SIZE=-1] <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires"   CONTENT="Tue, 01 Jan 1980 1:00:00 GMT"> [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]   
    [B][COLOR=#0066FF][SIZE=-1] <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma"   CONTENT="no-cache"> [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]   
    [B][COLOR=#0066FF][SIZE=-1] <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH"   CONTENT="30;URL=MYURL"> [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]   

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

More information is needed. What platform generates the display (is it command-line, web-based, GUI application, ,,,), what is changing (is it DB inserts or updates of data, or you looking for performance numbers out of DB instances, etc).

You haven't really given an indication of what data you are watching.

It sounds like you want to poll what ever resource 30 seconds and redraw the display. How you poll and how you display will probably depend on the resource, of course.

Advertisement