Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WP7 - Outlook Web Access

Options
  • 30-11-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My company has just installed Outlook 2010 and allowed to us access it through the OWA website (previously it was behind a VPN where my phone couldn't get a look-in). The OWA website works fine on my desktop but when I try to open it on my phone, the page loads for 4-5 seconds and then diplays the 'We're having trouble displaying this page' error message.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

No, works fine for me. I'd guess it's a network connection issue, are your phone and desktop using the same network connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

stevenmu wrote: »
    No, works fine for me. I'd guess it's a network connection issue, are your phone and desktop using the same network connection?

Nope, desktop is UPC and phone is 3G over Meteor. I haven't had problems with any other websites. I'll try my phone over Wifi to UPC tonight and see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

If you have OWA you must be using outlook exchange server. Can you not just add the server address, username and password to a mail account on your phone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

markpb wrote: »
    Nope, desktop is UPC and phone is 3G over Meteor. I haven't had problems with any other websites. I'll try my phone over Wifi to UPC tonight and see if it makes any difference.
    Worth a try anyway, it could potentially either be some issue on Meteor's end, or your OWA's configuration may only allow or may block connections from certain IP ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

stevenmu wrote: »
    Worth a try anyway, it could potentially either be some issue on Meteor's end, or your OWA's configuration may only allow or may block connections from certain IP ranges.

My mistake - the site isn't available externally yet/for some reason. I didn't realise my desktop was on the VPN when I checked last night :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement