Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal Rescue from Flood Waters

• 30-11-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Morning, Just to let you know that yesterday I received a call to see if I could assist in the rescue of two cows which had been caught in flooded fields and had been up to their necks in the water for 15 hours or so. I am a 'Stand Up Paddle' (SUP) enthusiast. Anyhow the rescue was executed very simply and it was very straightforward to 'herd' the animals to the shore where the owner was waiting with food. The animals swam and as the board is so manouverable it was very easy to direct them to safety. I was assured they would have perished otherwise. These boards will go anywhere there is 4" of water or more.

The point of this post is to let the Farming community know that this is a very realistic option and I would be very happy to assist anyone anywhere if the need arises in the winter ahead. I am based on the Sligo Leitrim border. I also have a network of SUP'ers in other parts of the country. PM me if any of you would like my number. I have passed on this information to the Garda and Rescue services.

My only disappointment yesterday was not needing to use the lasoo's I had brought. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Morning, Just to let you know that yesterday I received a call to see if I could assist in the rescue of two cows which had been caught in flooded fields and had been up to their necks in the water for 15 hours or so. I am a 'Stand Up Paddle' (SUP) enthusiast. Anyhow the rescue was executed very simply and it was very straightforward to 'herd' the animals to the shore where the owner was waiting with food. The animals swam and as the board is so manouverable it was very easy to direct them to safety. I was assured they would have perished otherwise. These boards will go anywhere there is 4" of water or more.

The point of this post is to let the Farming community know that this is a very realistic option and I would be very happy to assist anyone anywhere if the need arises in the winter ahead. I am based on the Sligo Leitrim border. I also have a network of SUP'ers in other parts of the country. PM me if any of you would like my number. I have passed on this information to the Garda and Rescue services.

My only disappointment yesterday was not needing to use the lasoo's I had brought. :-)

well done, there is always something funnying seeing cattle swimming. I remember seeing a couple of weeks old calf swimming across a small lake when I was a kid, impressive. Are your boats something similar to a canoe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8iSYMkFO2A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfCCWReRWLM

This is the type of thing I aspire to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfCCWReRWLM

This is the type of thing I aspire to

Ah right I understand... your nuts :D

Advertisement