Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Toolbar

Options
  • 30-11-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Just a small bug but if you take a look at the thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056465735 - in the breadcrumbs on the toolbar its finishing in &q... in place of the actual double quote; I know the text would be considered too long and need to be shorted but since those 12 characters from the two " would have displayed as only 2 its cut off extra characters from the actual title which in this case would flag there are spoilers in the thread.

So maybe instead of snipping [US] S06E09 "Get Gellar" [SPOILERS WITHIN] snip [US] S06E09 "Get Gellar" [SPOILERS WITHIN] then encode it.

Like I said its really only a small thing but would make it look a bit neater.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm not sure I agree with your use case - the actual vBulletin breadcrumb, in much bigger fontsize and providing the full thread title is a much better source of determining if a thread has spoilers as opposed to a snipped breadcrumb in the beta menu; What about long episode names? Then the spoiler tag doesn't appear even if we decoded the thread title before snipping ;)

Nonetheless, you were correct in that the thread title should be decoded first before snipped to length and then re-encoded. The fix for this is in, it should go live soon.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement