If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendation for 32" tv for parents. Budget 350 - 400 eu tops

Options
  • 30-11-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Ideally:

1080p Full HD
    3 (or more) HDMI
    Play (PROPERLY!) Divx etc off usb key
    Have two scart sockets - parents still have scart satellite receiver and dvd player.
    Fully Saorview.

Many thanks in advance.

Doesn't have to be Philips, if from NI Richer Sounds please include shipping to either Dublin Philips Store or Firhouse, Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Zaphodbeeb,

Have a look at the 32PFL3606H. Ticks alot of boxes that you're after.

This is a Full HD 1080P screen.

Has 2 x HDMI - (sorry I know you're after 3)

USB for media playback. This will take pics, music and movies. I've tried lots of different movie formats on this set and so far no bother but bear in mind that some codecs are incompatible with some devices. If you have a file that dosn't play its easily converted. However I reckon this will seldom if ever be the case with DivX or AVI.

Scart x 1 - But your parents can run their DVD player through the scart inputon their sat box and then run the sat box to the TV. My UPC is set up like this and kicks in as soon as I turn on my DVD player. :D That way the one scart will be enough.

This is also Fully Saorview.

Best of all its on special at the moment down from €399.99 to €369.99 in store.

Let me know if this looks good. :)

Thanks a mil, Nicola

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.