Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Christmas Spectacular

Options
  • 30-11-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Not sure why this isn't already mentioned on here but there is a Christmas Spectacular on in Drogheda today.

The magic starts at 5:30pm on Wednesday 30th November......

The Drogheda Brass Band and the Lourdes Brass Band will march through the town in different directions and each shop will switch on their Christmas lights as the band passes. They will meet in West Street (at St Peter's Church) and play a Christmas tune!

Throughout the afternoon there will be 3min clips of festive Christmas Movies being shown over the Drogheda Town Centre.

There's great music lined up with both The Enemies and Electric Avenue playing......plus some local choirs at various points in the town to get us in the Christmas mood!

Watch out for Mr. Tayto who will arrive in his vintage bus with goodies to hand out to good boys and girls!

The Kids Zone will be in Narrow West Street with Balloons, Face Painting, music and free Haribo goodies!

Roasted Chestnuts.....Apple Cider......mmmmm!

Many shops will be holding Customer Appreciation Evenings that evening with tastings and great special offers so bring your Christmas list !

So Come on in to Drogheda from 5pm on Wed 30th !!

http://morsolutions.com/drogheda-ie/christmas-spectacular-flyer.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

It was an amazing evening

The only fault I had was that so many of the shops closed at 6?! Went into the laurences centre and nothing was opened, I thought the idea was to get people into the town to spend? Could have done a bit of Xmas shopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

PinkFly wrote: »
    It was an amazing evening

The only fault I had was that so many of the shops closed at 6?! Went into the laurences centre and nothing was opened, I thought the idea was to get people into the town to spend? Could have done a bit of Xmas shopping!!

I thought that was a bit stupid alright, either have prior agreement that the shops stay open or switch the evening to a tradional late night trading evening ie Thurs/Fri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pvt

anyone visited that new coffee place on west street? Esquires I think it's called. They're only opened until 5.30 pm, which a shame in my opinion.

Advertisement