Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband 2Mb, can't upgrade as line not capable ?? Need help please

Options
  • 30-11-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,
    Can anyone please help me. My son badly wants Xbox live from Santa. Our Eircom broadband only supports a 2Mb speed and freezes a lot as it is so it definitely won't work for live gaming.
    I rang Eircom today and was told that the exchange can now support 8 Mb (it's approx 3 miles from our house) but that our line will never support more than 2 megs. When pressed, I was told that we could get a new line put in at a cost of €121.93 but that Eircom would not guarantee that this would increase our speed and in fact could be even slower than our existing line! I was also told that whether it worked or not we would be tied into a 12 month contract and on top of the installation fee would have to pay €25.36/mth. I am very confused as it doesn't seem to make sense to me. If the line is the problem and we upgrade it then how is it possible for it not to work? does anyone understand this?
    Is there any other way we can increase the speed? We live in a rural area 3 miles from the nearest town. Please help if you can.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement