Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to DVD

Options
  • 30-11-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if someone here would be able to help me with something. I had this old camcorder/videocamera years ago which recorded onto these little tapes, they look like smaller versions of videotapes but I have no idea what they're called I'm afraid but I have a feeling that the camera was older than I thought (like might be more mid 90's technology).

Anyway, to watch them they would slot into a specially made videotape to go into the VCR. Would anyone have any idea where I would go or how much it would cost to convert one of these tapes to DVD? (I'd love to send one as a Christmas present to a friend of mine who lives abroad)

Thanks a million for any help, and mods please move if I'm not in the right forum.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Hey again.. welcome to the right forum ;)

Any luck finding out what kind of tapes they are? It should say it on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sounds like they could be Hi-8 tapes maybe?

http://www.stashspace.com/images/hi8-tape.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

Full - size DV perhaps? I think they were a Sony invention, and could be bought with a memory chip on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hi, I have the exact same query .. I have lots of those mini dv tapes with my wedding and honeymoon etc on it and I would love to get them on DVD or something.. Where would I go and roughly how much. I have about 20 of those tapes, when I get it done I will sell my camcorder but can't do it till my tapes are transferred
    Thanks for the replies in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

pm sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Eever

I keep forgetting to check for the name on them but my boyfriend seems to think that if I have a cable that I can hook the camera up to the tv to watch the tape that he'll be able to put it on dvd for me. So I'll try that tonight, if it doesn't work then it's too late anyway as I want to post it to Australia on time for Christmas and tomorrow is the last day for post to Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Black Cow

No - they're compact VHS tapes. "VHS-C"

440px-VHSC.jpg

Advertisement