Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gneeveguilla road resurfacing

Options
  • 30-11-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭

From last week's Kerryman:
    Gneeveguilla road 'requires resurfacing immediately'

By BRENDAN MCCARTHY

Wednesday November 23 2011

KERRY County Council has no available funding to resurface a road in East Kerry described as being in a "desperate, disastrous state".
    At the November Killarney Electoral Area meeting in Killarney on Friday, Cllr John Sheahan said he had highlighted the dreadful state of the L7046, Bounard road, Gneeveguilla, on a number of occasions. Cllr Sheahan sought a commitment from county council officials that works would commence in 2012.
    "This road is in a dangerous condition and requires resurfacing urgently," he said.
    Cllr Danny Healy Rae said the road was in a "desperate, disastrous state".
    "This bit of road is in a desperate state, a desperate, disastrous state. I would appeal for it to be patched up in the meantime and a proper job be done in the new year. Drainage works are required as well," Cllr Healy Rae said.

If DHR is so concerned, why doesn't he get the family business to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It makes you want to weep:(, the poor devil's heartbroken this week.

I wonder who's going to get the contract when there's enough money to pay for the job?
    Healy Rae's heartbreak over roads

By BRENDAN MCCARTHY

Wednesday November 30 2011

A KERRY County Councillor has spoken of his broken heart when he sees the damage being caused to the county's roads.
    Cllr Danny Healy Rae was speaking at the November meeting of Kerry County Council where he said all of the good work undertaken by the council to upgrade the county's road network over the past decade was being undone. He said problems with the roads needed to be tackled before further damage was done by bad weather.
    "I have to say that it is breaking my heart to see the damage being done to the roads after all the good work carried out by Kerry County Council over the last 10 to 12 years," Cllr Healy Rae said. "Before that they were in an awful state. Why are we going to allow all of this to be washed away?"
    Cllr Healy Rae said blocked drains were causing roads to be washed away and new potholes were leaving repaired roads in a "patchwork" state. He called for prompt action to deal with the problem.
    "This should be tackled before damage is done, the roads are not being properly drained. On particularly wet days there should be a dedicated teams put on roads to assess where there is trouble. Water is flowing on the roads and not going into drains," he said. "We will finish up with nothing come spring. Something must be done to save what we have put in place."
    Cllr Healy Rae also called for the council to form a policy to deal with overgrowing trees and hedges as damage was being caused to car door mirrors.
    "As council management and councillors we are judged by the way our roads are, I am asking for something to be done to protect what we have. We would be a long time waiting to put it back in place again," he said.
    - BRENDAN MCCARTHY

http://www.kerryman.ie/news/healy-raes-heartbreak-over-roads-2949808.html

Advertisement