Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up forever

• 30-11-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I've been going into make up forever on and off for a while now because i'm looking for products which seem to always be out of stock. I wanted their hd foundation, but don't have it in my shade and the face and body-because i heard its much better than the mac one, and the contour palette. They never have any.

BUT my main issue with them is how rude they are and i'm wondering if this happens to anyone else. When i enquire about products they just look at me (pale face) and say no we don't have it in your shade. Thats it. They never try it out on me or try to colour match me just say no and try to send me on my way. I asked could i get it tried out on me before and they said no they were too busy??? But there were four of them down the back of the shop talking. When i came into the shop they ignored me and shouted up you ok? I had to practically force them to take my number but never received a call.

I'd say i've been into the shop about 7 times in the last 3-4 months so its not a one off. Its always like this! But now they've left arnotts its the only place to look at the products. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

I actually switched my foundations about 4months ago from MAC to Make Up For Evers HD foundation and I found it really good, shade matches perfect and I am pretty pale. On the first day, a girl called Alanna greeted me, very helpful nice girl who gave me different shades and samples to try out before making the looming decision to purchase the 38e foundation. They gave 118 and 120. I went with the 120 as its not too pale and I could easily darken it a bit for night time with some bronzer.

However, I ran out of my foundation about 2months ago and called into to get another bottle but they didnt have it in stock and said that they were expecting another order in 2weeks. This was at the beginning of October, since then I have been calling nearly every week checking to see if the order had arrived. Only yesterday did I actually get the response I was waiting for that order will be in next week....FINALLY.

Honestly it is very poor service though, to wait 2 whole months for a 'order'. I mean in this day in age everything is delivered within 2 weeks not 2 months.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

You can buy MUFE from Guru Makeup Emporium. They do ship here but I've no idea how much it'd cost.

ETA - shipping is £9.50 (even for more than one item), HD Foundation is £28.95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

slowmoe wrote: »
    BUT my main issue with them is how rude they are and i'm wondering if this happens to anyone else. never received a call.
    I bought HD foundation from them about a year ago and will never go back to them for that very reason. Rude wasnt the word. Im careful when spending that kind of money on foundation so asked for my best colour match. Well, unless the girl was actually colour blind you'd want to have seen the shade she picked out for me...about 4 shades lighter than my face. I picked up another shade (perfect) and she just grimaced at me and said "this is your shade" and walked back to the counter. So...i took aaaaages then on purpose, trying on testers etc just to P!ss her off :D

Didnt even find the HD that good in the end,switched to Catrice 18hr Foundation €6.99 and have never gone back.I love it!

Advertisement