Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband acting up, anyone else?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I start up, and hit google.com to be redirected to google.at (as opposed to .ie). I'm using OpenDNS & and I've also just tried Google's Public DNS, and get the same result. It's not the machine as I have several devices (with various operating systems) all doing the same thing.

I also noticed that UPC (DHCP) has handed my local gateway new IP settings. This does not happen often.

Got UPC on the phone and they cannot find a fault.

My hunch is that Google is not detecting the geographic location of my new IP from UPC, which is a little odd, but a possibility.

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Don't have a problem with this as such however I always have to switch on and off the broadband at the box everytime I want to use the internet for it to work! Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement