Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for using the word "Elites"

• 30-11-2011 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭

I'm completely miffed over this one tbh. I used the words "sheeple" and "elites" in a post a couple of days back in the politics forum and recieved an infraction for use of these words. Since when has the use of these harmless works become an infraction on boards. Seriously is this what boards has become?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Have you PM'd Scofflaw about the warning, as per the process outlined above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Dades wrote: »
    Have you PM'd Scofflaw about the warning, as per the process outlined above?

I replyed to him after i got the infraction and asked him was there an appeals process as i thought it was unfair. I recieved no reply.

Well as this doesn't involve a ban let's give him a chance to respond to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Apologies - I thought that second PM was a copy of the first. Didn't see that you'd written something inside the quoted text.

What you received wasn't an infraction, but a warning for inappropriate language. Warnings are:
    just a gentle reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you will see listed in the Forum's Charter. If you're confused about this warning or why you received it, please PM the forum Moderator(s) and ask. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

In this case, the warning is to highlight to you that there's a conspiracy theories forum, and in it you can talk about "elite" and "sheeple" to your heart's content. In Politics, on the other hand, conspiracy theory stuff is not welcome, and the whole "elites/sheeple" view of politics is conspiracy theory stuff - hence the warning.

As a general rule, if you're going to talk specifics and demonstrate actual use of propaganda by a government or interest group, then you're contributing to political discussion. However, let me cite some recent posts of yours:
    http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg Everything is fine, back to your stations worker bees.
    All part of an elites campaign to deflect attention away from the real criminals in this country.
    Tbh your on the wrong site pal. I've only been on here a couple of months and there is a terrible wiff of the elite on boards. To most on here 100 euro is chump change.
    Napalm was invented for situations like this.
    It's incredible is'nt it yet people keep buying the BS. Fear is the elites best weapon aginst the sheeple.

All of those are CT stuff (and some have other issues too). The warning is to tell you to keep it for the CT forum, because the Politics forum is for politics, not for people to bang on about how people who don't share their views are either sheeple or elites. And it's a warning because hopefully that saves you getting banned somewhere further down the line.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Thanks Scofflaw for the clarification.

Crazy Horse 6, just to knock this particular nail on the head before it develops into a disagreement, I completely understand the warning given to you and why. It is warranted and I see no reason whatsoever to consider removing it.

If you want to bring this further, you can request an Admin to look at it (I wouldn't recommend highlighting your record, tbh).

• Advertisement
Advertisement