Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookie Question

Options
  • 30-11-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,

I make chocolate chip cookies quite a bit from a Mary Berry recipe. I usually roll them into a ball and then put them on the baking sheet and they then spread into circles, pretty standard cookies :)

I was hoping to make Christmas shaped ones in a couple of weeks and was trying to work out how best to do it. I was thinking of something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-KCLMXMASCUT-Christmas-Cutters/dp/B003TOJXMU/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1322659835&sr=1-4

But I wouldn't be able to cut the shapes from the dough before hand. So could I put a blob inside the shapes and put them in the oven like that. Would that work or can the shapes even be put in the oven? Sorry, pretty basic question!!

Thanks,
    PC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You'd normally cut them out before baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I wouldn't put the shapes in the oven, it's likely the mary berry cookie dough you are using is not suitable for shapes, it will rise and spread too much. Here's an alternative chocolate sugar cookie recipe for you to make, roll, cut out and bake:
    http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateSugarCookie.html

I love that site.:)

Chocolate chips will only make the end result bumpy, unless you go for a thicker chip shortbread instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I think there is just too much butter in a normal chocolate chip cookie recipe for them to hold the shape after baking, better to use a nice cut out sugar cookie recipe.

Advertisement