Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

earliest bus in morning to ballybane indust estate

Options
  • 30-11-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

does anyone know for def what time bus leaves eyre sq.. online doesnt clarify and no-one seems to know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ballybane Industrial is quite a big area: it's number 1 on the Ballybrit neighbourhood map.

The regular bus to get to it is the number 3, of which the earliest leaves Eyre Square at 7:30am. It's a toss-up whether to get off outside Trappers and walk in thru Tuam Rd, or the Eircom building and go in thru the Morris RAB.

BUT ... if you look hard at the route 9 timetable, there's a bus that leaves Eyre Square at 6:30am, and travels via Bohermore, Monivea Rd and Boston Scientific, before heading out to Parkmore. I don't know where exactly it will stop, but am guessing you could get it to somewhere near the Morris Roundabout entrance to Ballybane Industrial. The only trick might be in where to catch it - I've heard rumours that this bus actually comes through from Seacrest, so would stop at the top of Eyre Square near Supermacs. Don't know for sure though.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

i am hoping to be at work at 7.20am in HP and will be getting the bus in bohermore. so the 6.30 looks like the only option. there used to be an apc bus at 7.05 i saw on galway transport website but no-one and i mean no-one has a clue if its still on which more than likely means its not... will someone help please

liam12989 wrote: »
    i am hoping to be at work at 7.20am in HP and will be getting the bus in bohermore. so the 6.30 looks like the only option. there used to be an apc bus at 7.05 i saw on galway transport website but no-one and i mean no-one has a clue if its still on which more than likely means its not... will someone help please

That one was leaving Seacrest at 7:05am - unlikely you could rely in it to get you there by 7:20am. I too would love to hear from anyone who knows if it's still running. I know that that 8:05am the station was cancelled, not sure about the 7:05 though.

fyi, worst case, a hackney from Eyre Square costs €8.

And just to be clear, HP is in Ballybrit industrial estate, not Ballybane. Trust me, it's worth being clear about the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

seeing as production ended in 2008 in apc, I cant really imagine that the bus still runs for that company.

seeing as production ended in 2008 in apc, I cant really imagine that the bus still runs for that company.

Boston is just across the road though (and now using APC's old carpark!) so it may be.

I heard rumours of the 6:30am bus for their benefit a while ago, it appeared on the official timetable a few months ago.

• Advertisement

do you know if that 7.05 bus runs? or even where does the 6.30 come from? 7.05 would be ideal if it still ran

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You know OP, if you telephoned the bus station during office hours you would actually get an answer to your question. Their contact number is listed in the telephone book and their address is also listed in the telephone book.

i have rang the bus station and asked bus drivers and they dont know becasue it is an APC bus or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Not an APC bus, it's definitely run by Bus Eireann, I pass it in the Industrial estate every evening on the way home. Evening departures are from the carpark at HP. Not sure where it departs from in the mornings though, or when.
    Try calling HP, they may know more about the morning times/places.

I'd be very, very surprised if HP know.

And sadly I'm not surprised that the bus-station phone-answering person didn't know: the factory-run buses aren't well known (aren't even mentioned in the latest printed timetable) - even some of the drivers have no idea they exist.

The bit about not knowing 'cos it's an APC bus is just a way of saving face .... it's definitely BÉ who run/ran the service, just like they do the one at 7:45am.

TBH, the only way to find out may be to wait in Eyre Square from 7am, and see if it goes by.

• Advertisement

what time do you pass the idut estate in mornins man?
    Is very bad how does no1 know

Advertisement