Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakery

Options
  • 30-11-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know where I can find a bakery in town that I can pick up a fresh swiss roll on the way home. I get the green luas home from st. stephens green but walk there from down the quays so anywhere in town on either side of the liffey would do.

Thanks.

MM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The Bakehouse near the Ha'Penny bridge do sort of old school Irish cakes & breads, not sure if I've seen swiss rolls in there but it seems like the sort of thing theyd do! (and if they do do them they're likely to be about the best cake you've ever had)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bertie Bassett

There's one in North Earl Street, opposite the side entrance to Clery's, there's another in Henry Street opposite the main entrance to Marks & Spencer and another in Talbot Street at the Irish Life mall next door but one to Eason's can't remember the names of any of them (I do be more interested in what's in the window than whats over it) but they're all pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

There's a great one called The Bakery in Temple Bar near the bottom of Cows Lane. Not sure if they do swiss rolls but they a have a wide range of cakes, breads and pastries so could be worth checking out.

Also do the best sausage rolls in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

There's one in North Earl Street, opposite the side entrance to Clery's, there's another in Henry Street opposite the main entrance to Marks & Spencer and another in Talbot Street at the Irish Life mall next door but one to Eason's can't remember the names of any of them (I do be more interested in what's in the window than whats over it) but they're all pretty good.

The Earl is the one on North Earl Street, Annes Bakery is on Henry Street and Tea time express is on Talbot Street.

Yep surely one of those will have a swiss roll!

Advertisement