Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pitch rental dublin - teams being asked to organise their own insurance?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

Hey there, my cousin is trying to sort out an astroturf pitch or somesuch for his 5 a side team to practice on & the venue have told him he needs to organise public liability insurance for it. I'm looking into it for him (they're just a few friends kicking a ball about, annoying if they have to organise insurance for it!) Does anyone know of any pitches/halls for rent in Dublin that don't ask teams to organise their own insurance? (or if you could pm me the names of places that do so he can try & avoid them that would be great also)

All of the people he play with drive so there's no limit on areas etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Try Sportsco in Dublin 4

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I played in the astro pitches in Coolock during the summer and didn't hear anything about insurance. Though I was playing in the FAI 5-a-side tournament so could have been covered under that maybe?

DCU astro doesn't ask for any either that I can tell.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MrBadger

Sorry for digging up an old thread, just wondering if yuo got yuor Public Liability insurance in the end & where you went through? We have ours with Aviva but got a huge quote for this years renewal & wondering if maybe there's another company we should try or an insurance broker in town even? Everyone's a bit on the poor side this year so if we can't organise it as cheaply we're not sure what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

MrBadger wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, just wondering if yuo got yuor Public Liability insurance in the end & where you went through? We have ours with Aviva but got a huge quote for this years renewal & wondering if maybe there's another company we should try or an insurance broker in town even? Everyone's a bit on the poor side this year so if we can't organise it as cheaply we're not sure what to do

hey there, on phone so just quick reply. My cousin went for public liability cover with(i think) pjt insurance or odon.ie. Not sure which, hopethat helps!

Advertisement