Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year New You?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

With 2012 just around the corner and Christmas fast approaching many of us are planning to enjoy Christmas to the max and then get our buts in gear for the New Year. Planning all manner of keep fit and healthy eating plans. I see it in the Industry I work (Fitness) all of the time, some will stick with it be true to their promises to themselves and make it happen - succeed in loosing excess fat, reducing their heart disease, diabetes and other illness risks. increase their self confidence, improve their outlook on life and in general be much happier where as others will not last the time or put in the effort to arrive here.

Personally I believe in consistency, if we are consistent in something and really want it we will get there

Be consistent with exercise, be consistent with stress management and good sleeping patterns, consistent with saying no to eating unhealthy foods and providing there are no underlying health factors we will be successful in loosing weight.

Consistently miss exercise sessions, consistently eat unhealthy foods be constantly stressed and have poor sleep and we will stay overweight

For those who have succeeded tell me what motivated you to keep going? was it as simple as "just this last track on my ipod before I finish" every time you were ready to give up in the middle of a work-out session or was it the enjoyment you got from taking part in exercise classes - your favourite Instructor pushing you to go just a little faster/ harder in the middle of a tough class or was it for the bigger picture - the sure feeling that if you kept going you would arrive where you wanted to be and be the size you feel comfortable being?

For those who gave up - why, for what reasons and what's needed to keep you going?

Advertisement