Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video equipment news/stuff thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

It's cos he's playing on pad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The frame rate drops something horrible when I downscale from 1080p to 720p. I mean maybeto 20 fps, it's visibly choppy.

Neither the hauppage not the shuttle is able to pick it up at such a crappy frame rate.

UGH.

Going to have to play around with it more and see if it's something I'm doing (it could be a 50 to 60hrz thing, I guess).

Oooook, so I couldn't resist anymore, I've bought a HD-PVR-2.

If it does what it is supposed to we FINALLY will have a Chunkis proof, 100% lagless recording set to play on. If it gets here early enough (it says 3-4 days so fingers crossed here by thursday) I will use it for the SF25 tournament.

I'll be in the rather unique position of having multiple recording devices then, I'll probably do a series of videos on the pros and cons of each device.

funny that ireland has some of the best players in tha world.

Naaaw.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=q82QiXGXJ0I&feature=em-comment_reply_received

Another one, I said I'd pass it on to him.

James Chen used to be my favorite commentator. Now it's you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=6E_GzyLFSXE&feature=em-comment_reply_owner

A lot of people seem to be enjoying our comedy accents at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Another one, I said I'd pass it on to him.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=6E_GzyLFSXE&feature=em-comment_reply_owner

A lot of people seem to be enjoying our comedy accents at the moment.

Voa has an American Accent

I call no bueno on that, as jun would articulate

Nutrient wrote: »

Voa doesn't have an American accent, he's never actually been to America.

PEDANTOR

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0092P47GW/

If any of you wanted to get some recording equipment, this might be a good oppertunity.

Amazon's got this Hauppauge as a black friday deal coming up in like an hour and a half.

Just figured I'd give the heads up since there'll probably be like 30/40% off.

£127?

That's a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

124.61€ delivered if you take the free shipping.

• Advertisement

If anyone's looking right now, this is probably the best all rounder on the market, IMO, although it doesn't have seamless xsplit integration yet (they're working on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

To ask a stupid question: What can be done with it on it's own?

What cannot?

The "Doom setup" is a giant amorphous blob to me. I have no idea what individual components do or how important each one is.

To ask a stupid question: What can be done with it on it's own?

What cannot?

The "Doom setup" is a giant amorphous blob to me. I have no idea what individual components do or how important each one is.

It'll hook up to a tv from an xbox at any definition and produce up to glorious 720p video game footage. Without a good recording device like this, everything else in the set up is junk effectively.

It can't do commentary (although you can do that with xsplit and a mike), split a signal, or anything edity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Had a go at recording some of my SFxT matches, easier than it looks but sound's a tad messed up but I think that's because I converted it to AVI because I wanted to have them joined together and the program I used converted it to AVI for some reason.

Works fine if I just leave the video file on it's own however, so all's good, will just upload in single files from now on until I figure out the problem with sets.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Had a go at recording some of my SFxT matches, easier than it looks but sound's a tad messed up but I think that's because I converted it to AVI because I wanted to have them joined together and the program I used converted it to AVI for some reason.

Works fine if I just leave the video file on it's own however, so all's good, will just upload in single files from now on until I figure out the problem with sets.

Uploading to youtube under the playlist

Infergus vol. 1

Probably just the software objecting to SFxT.

Serious answer: Yeah you're more than likely correct, I've had varying experiences with different editors and AVI. AAC and MP4 tend to work smoother, but perhaps the simplest solution is use another editor if you have access to one.

Probably just the software objecting to SFxT.

Serious answer: Yeah you're more than likely correct, I've had varying experiences with different editors and AVI. AAC and MP4 tend to work smoother, but perhaps the simplest solution is use another editor if you have access to one.

MP4 works best of Xbox in my experience

Windows movie maker get in there

Ok now my videos are all shaky even though they were fine last night, WTF youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Nutrient wrote: »

gr.:mad:

Ok now my videos are all shaky even though they were fine last night, WTF youtube.

Define shaky? Lnkplz?

• Advertisement

I still have the raw files before converting it so I'll take those down later on and try it again when I get back to Dublin on Sunday.

EDIT: Ok looking at that video again, it's fine now for some reason, but earlier on it was really shaky.

My Poison/Lili set video however currently has this problem.

I still have the raw files before converting it so I'll take those down later on and try it again when I get back to Dublin on Sunday.

I see the problem here, you were playing SFXT:pac:

On a serious not if you meant Skippy then I can see it

Youtube limiting a videos FPS to 30fps always annoyed me

EDIT: Ok looking at that video again, it's fine now for some reason, but earlier on it was really shaky.

My Poison/Lili set video however currently has this problem.

Fight looks fine here, sure it's not the machine you are watching it on?

It's fine now for some reason, I think youtube took time to stabilize it or w/e.

It definitely wasn't just me, I linked it to others and they reported the same problem, well crisis averted.

That's possible, youtube videos are viewable before the processing is complete.

That's possible, youtube videos are viewable before the processing is complete.

It was just strange because it took like half a day to do so.

But s'all well now anyway, will fix sound problems for future uploads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Why are you converting your videos? Record in MP4 if you don't plan to render, m2ts if you do (m2ts slightly better quality with the HD PVR). Sync issues probably came about because you converted em. WMV is an awesome format to render/upload as, because it processes as it uploads, once the upload is done it processes immediately, quite nifty. If you're wanting to join em together just use editing software, I use vegas as it takes many file formats including the m2ts I record to, and I can cut/chop, put together clips as I want, render and upload :)

I only get a TS, MP4 and some other video file option, I get a weird file with MP4, like a 550kb size file, so I just used TS and the program that I used to put them together changed it to AVI for some reason but I'll look for different programs next time to fuse files together, just a minor issue that can be fixed easily.

I'll check out vegas. Windows movie maker wouldn't accept the TS files.

Thanks for advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

some other video file option

This is the file you want to record to :pac:

Update to the latest HD PVR drivers/software, should fix your problems. For what you want, in Vegas, it's not hard to do, although the software GUI looks quite intimidating :o

Just YouTube some guides on HD PVR rendering, you'll get it down in no time

• Advertisement

I was also getting a weird 556kb file with that video format as well, only one I could use was TS but I'll try looking for updates for the recording software or w/e.

Advertisement