Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video equipment news/stuff thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sony-Playstation-3-PS3-Wii-VGA-Monitor-Cable-Lead-HD-TV-/400216189891?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item5d2ebe6bc3

This is the VGA solution I have for the PS3.

It works perfectly fine, just requires the use of a television with standard A/V connections to configure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Everything I am hearing is at this point you're better off using OBS (free) with DXtory (cheap) rather than xsplit.

http://obsproject.com/

I'm considering dLing them tonight and giving them a shot with the pvr2, I know it also supports the shuttle but if I could get 1080p working perfectly and it makes videos which work with youtube fine...

I hope this works- I think people can now check for themselves which videos are the most popular on my channel in order, if you're interested in that. Warning- SF players may be disappointed :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianVonDoom/videos?view=0&tag_id=&shelf_index=2&sort=p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I hope this works- I think people can now check for themselves which videos are the most popular on my channel in order, if you're interested in that. Warning- SF players may be disappointed :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianVonDoom/videos?view=0&tag_id=&shelf_index=2&sort=p

Only if more AE players attended the Tournaments we'd see my footage :3

Fact that MK is top video gives credence towards their dedication

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

That's quite...

Marvelous.

Nutrient wrote: »
    Only if more AE players attended the Tournaments we'd see my footage :3

Fact that MK is top video gives credence towards their dedication

To be fair, even the MK players say that particular match is... not great :D

It caught on in the youtube algorithms, a lot of those views are off of searches. Suits us fine though!
    Lythero wrote: »
    That's quite...

Marvelous.

Marvel has always gotten the mad views in.

I used a new piece of equipment today that strips the HDCP from PS3 HDMI, incredibly cheap and also serves as a splitter. Great for anyone intending to record PS3 footage...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sewell-HDMI-Splitter-v1-3b-1440p/dp/B00CIZ3HJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371338715&sr=8-1&keywords=sewell+splitter

I used a new piece of equipment today that strips the HDCP from PS3 HDMI, incredibly cheap and also serves as a splitter. Great for anyone intending to record PS3 footage...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sewell-HDMI-Splitter-v1-3b-1440p/dp/B00CIZ3HJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371338715&sr=8-1&keywords=sewell+splitter

This is awesome to know since I get asked how to deal with PS3 HDCP (with no answer for them).

Lythero wrote: »
    This is awesome to know since I get asked how to deal with PS3 HDCP (with no answer for them).

Tell them they have to sub to my channel BEFORE you'll tell them about it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

Forgive me but Amazon don't seem to ship this item to ROI so how do we purchase it? :D

maik3n wrote: »
    Forgive me but Amazon don't seem to ship this item to ROI so how do we purchase it? :D

I used parcel motel- your first usage is free, they deliver it up north, then courier it down south to a local drop off point (usually at a petrol station).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

So finally went and bought an HD PVR2 for recording lulz.

Tear it all open when it arrives and find AN AMERICAN POWER SUPPLY. :mad:

I can't find any sign of a UK supply actually existing besides those iffy looking sorts you see round ebay, but at the same time nobody else is complaining so I would assume everyone else got the right thing and was up and running.

So do I start complaining I got sent BS (from Amazon UK) or do I go chance my arm with one of those iffy ebay supplies or a travel adapter (because the one thing I found plenty of was people who'd fried theirs)?

I can't find any sign of a UK supply actually existing besides those iffy looking sorts you see round ebay, but at the same time nobody else is complaining so I would assume everyone else got the right thing and was up and running.

So do I start complaining I got sent BS (from Amazon UK) or do I go chance my arm with one of those iffy ebay supplies or a travel adapter (because the one thing I found plenty of was people who'd fried theirs)?

grab an adapter and you're k

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's 6V DC out.

As long as the power supply says it's fine with 230V AC @ 50Hz you can use it with a different plug.

Is there much difference between the existing PVR2 and this newer one.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-PVR-Gaming-Edition-Plus/dp/B00B2XN7NQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Would the extra expense bring any great benefit?

I dunno about the UK but in the RoI it is illegal to sell an electronic device without at bare minimum a suitable adapter for the plug.

I would contact hauppauge themselves, their CC is very good.

I suspect you could just get a cheapo adapter (that's what mine came with) but I'd get an answer from them first just in case you blew your lovely new device :(

Just took delivery of probably my favourite piece of equipment so far.

Pics when I get it home and confirm it's working!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Headsets with mics?

Headsets with mics?

Just the one, tested and works like a dream!

• Advertisement

Just the one, tested and works like a dream!

Pics or it didn't happen

My mac's webcam seems to dislike any form of light.

VOF9AqNl.jpg

This is them.

12%2005%2020081210599725sennheiser_hmd-280-pro%20copy.jpg

The sound quality is AMAZING with them. However, they're closed headphones (which is good for stopping outside sound) so they can be difficult to wear for extended periods without getting used to them as they kinda clamp onto your head.

The pay off for this is hands free plus an end to that problem of people talking away from the mikes, plus you'll be able to hear each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

My mac's webcam seems to dislike any form of light.

VOF9AqNl.jpg

Doom taking Selfies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

plus you'll be able to hear each other!

Oh wow that's really cool. Sort of like getting built-in live soundchecking too.

Oh wow that's really cool. Sort of like getting built-in live soundchecking too.

Yup. No off button on these things for people to accidentally flick either!

Bitchiiiiin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Nice

So any merit to the negative reviews on amazon here about PSU issues? :(:confused:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0092P47GW/

Also, amazon now have it under review.
    Is there a NEW problem or is it the uk/us plug issue that we talked about earlier?

• Advertisement

I don't know, I've been using mine to record tournaments for about 6 months now in conditions that are generally much rougher than people would have at home and have barely had a problem with it.

I don't want to guarantee that nothing will though- could be a bad run or something.

Advertisement