Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video equipment news/stuff thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I picked up a new first party Wii component cable to replace the Pink-shifted one that tainted previous Smash recordings.

@Doom: Voa mentioned your setup changed to only be able to record stuff in HDMI. This would mean that Project M on Wii at next DOC would be unrecordable?

Can you let me know what specific capture item you're using? There seem to a be a few device specific workarounds.

Edit: Just wanna drop this somewhere so I don't lose it, in case it interests anyone:
    http://meleeiton.me/2014/04/18/c_naughts-console-capture-crash-course-part-1/

Apparently the method of outputting lagless 480p HD Wii/GCN is specific to Avermedia LGP and will be used at Evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

btw i think aver media released support for mac for the live gamer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I picked up a new first party Wii component cable to replace the Pink-shifted one that tainted previous Smash recordings.

@Doom: Voa mentioned your setup changed to only be able to record stuff in HDMI. This would mean that Project M on Wii at next DOC would be unrecordable?

Can you let me know what specific capture item you're using? There seem to a be a few device specific workarounds.

Edit: Just wanna drop this somewhere so I don't lose it, in case it interests anyone:
    http://meleeiton.me/2014/04/18/c_naughts-console-capture-crash-course-part-1/

Apparently the method of outputting lagless 480p HD Wii/GCN is specific to Avermedia LGP and will be used at Evo.

I can still record component, it's just now a huge pain in my arse!

I'll check this link out and give you specifics later :) Key thing to note: I bought a wii hdmi adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I bought a wii hdmi adapter.

Such a thing exists?

10341720_10152461837543838_5646541345473898331_n_zpsb51d757e.jpg

Not being smart but did any of you lads ever actually do a search for "Wii HDMI adapter"? :D

That said, I am not assuming it will work.

So, here's what I will try to do.

1) I will try to get the HDMI adapter to work. If it does, happy days. No disruption to my new set up.

2) If that fails, I will try and use the component work around mentioned in the link. Some disruption to how I do things.

3) I will go mega old school and use a component to HDMI adapter. This will probably cause a frame or 2 of lag. You will have to suck it up and deal with it :)

So bing the new component, basically.

Oh, and I actually have all three high end solutions he mentioned there, an Avermedia, Hauppauge 2 and a Shuttle (I've spent way too much time and money on this hobby), but for our purposes the LGP is best.

• Advertisement

Never searched for it because I don't search THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Still, that's super cool. I hope it works. You thinking of testing it on the Smash Bros tourney this Saturday?

Lythero wrote: »
    Never searched for it because I don't search THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Still, that's super cool. I hope it works. You thinking of testing it on the Smash Bros tourney this Saturday?

I would but sadly I can't attend this Sat.

Baww that's a shame. See ya next time then!

Nintendo continue to make it as difficult as possible for video content generators to support them above other companies.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/05/27/nintendo-announces-new-youtube-affiliate-program-focused-on-getting-ad-revenue-from-fan-videos/

Nintendo continue to make it as difficult as possible for video content generators to support them above other companies.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/05/27/nintendo-announces-new-youtube-affiliate-program-focused-on-getting-ad-revenue-from-fan-videos/

This is bull****.

However, it is possibly less bull**** than what happened last year. In fact if the cards were played right it wouldn't be far from your hypothetical solution. It's a plan to let YouTube, the developer and the video producer to each get a cut of the profits. Something tells me it won't go that smoothly though.

• Advertisement

Lythero wrote: »
    This is bull****.

However, it is possibly less bull**** than what happened last year. In fact if the cards were played right it wouldn't be far from your hypothetical solution. It's a plan to let YouTube, the developer and the video producer to each get a cut of the profits. Something tells me it won't go that smoothly though.

Yes, if they stick to that solution WITHOUT the takedowns, it could work.

According to that article though they're planning to takedown non affiliates.

What's the bets you'll need circa 20,000 subs to become an affiliate or something like that?

Sounds kinda petty if you ask me. There's more than just Nintendo video games out there. It could be a form of quality control since it's no secret that Nintendo's terrified of someone shouting rape jokes while beating up Peach in Smash.

Advertisement