Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavatube

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dont think any of th eirish sites have them anymore

http://www.uk-eliquid.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/lavatube-vv-mod

or http://2smok.com/mod-s/thundervolt-1/thundervolt-730.html anyway

you're probably better off getting the body only, and getting some aw imr 18650's online (flashaholics.co.uk have them for about 10 sterling each), then a charger (trustfire tr001's seem reliable.. never overcharges mmine anyway) and after that all you need is the atomiser/cartomisers

i'd reccomend a chibi tank with boge 3.0's from parkesvaping, or a mini-sub tank with boge 3.0's from mom and pops vapour store.. i havent tried the mini sub but it gets great reviews.
    the main thing is the boge 3.0's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Anyone thinking of this;
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/The_Howitzer_vv/p705283_5761988.aspx
    It's a lava lokalike but not from the lava tube people.
    Comes with two bodies and a tank thingy.
    After this month I might be tempted, price is what eGo kits were 12 months ago, seems VV is becoming an option for everyone now.

that's... pretty ****ing interesting

although "stealth vaping" a lavatube clone, rawfl. i'd like to see that

i'll definitely keep an eye on it anyway for reviews and whatnot, see how it performs compared to the lavatube. one place the lavatube does suffer a bit is the air holes, have to use a 510-510 adapter to get a decent draw which does add an extra cm or so to the length and makes it look a bit funky.

not something I care about at all really, but something like this would be pretty sweet to have if it was a marked improvement on the 'tube as well as the customizable size options.
    love the detachable battery section, that's just... clever.

--edit
    rofl, date and time. so it's a ****ing watch too. my god.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of this;
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/The_Howitzer_vv/p705283_5761988.aspx
    It's a lava lokalike but not from the lava tube people.
    Comes with two bodies and a tank thingy.
    After this month I might be tempted, price is what eGo kits were 12 months ago, seems VV is becoming an option for everyone now.

Decided to go for it and just bought one. Will have it next week sometime I guess. It's on special offer at the mo and with another 10% off with discount code (ukvapers) it's not a bad deal with the 2 clearomisers. I like the idea of the 2 different sizes (coming for the lavatube soon I think). About time that I gave variable vaping a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Thanks for the code, I'm tempted and you know what they say "can resist anything but temptation"
    Do let us know how well it works and if thoes tank things are a carto inside or some kind of clearo.

• Advertisement

http://www.visionecigar.com/pid10924544/Vision+Tox.htm

seems to be the same thing, and it says they're clearomisers

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Thanks for the code, I'm tempted and you know what they say "can resist anything but temptation"
    Do let us know how well it works and if thoes tank things are a carto inside or some kind of clearo.

think that it's a 3ml and 5ml vision clear clearomizer

http://www.madvapes.com/?AffId=6&Vision-35ml-28-30-Ohm-Clearomizer_p_3406.html

http://www.stevevape.com/vision-clear-cartomizer-review/

will let you know how it goes when I get it. hopefully won't work out that I should have waited for more reviews before getting one.

glasso wrote: »
    Decided to go for it and just bought one. Will have it next week sometime I guess. It's on special offer at the mo and with another 10% off with discount code (ukvapers) it's not a bad deal with the 2 clearomisers. I like the idea of the 2 different sizes (coming for the lavatube soon I think). About time that I gave variable vaping a go.

would it not be better to wait until they have the kit with the 18650 option as well?

would it not be better to wait until they have the kit with the 18650 option as well?

think that you only get the option of 2 tubes in a kit. choose 2 or 3. can always buy separately later in any case. besides I'd have to wait longer - no word on when exactly that would be in stock. 1600mah should be enough for me with the 900mah as backup or for using as a smaller device.

some more details here.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lavatube/271195-anyone-try-vision-tox-kit-2.html

how long does a lavatube last for on a 18650 battery? (1600 mah say).

• Advertisement

how long is a piece of string? :)
    I vape at 5v most of the time, and I get from fully charged to 3.6 in about a day I guess. but sometimes if I'm vaping hardcore, I have to change batteries twice in a day. it's got decent battery life i guess, and it can go further than 3.6 so i'm not using it up fully.. I just dont want to undercharge it so switch batts pretty early

here's a review of the clearo's that come with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxWjYGlTmnc

considering the vison grande clearos are well reviewed and $10 each in the states and you get 2, makes the kit a very good deal imo.

it does aye, if it has similar performance to the lavatube it's a great deal really considering you get the option of a the main or mini in the same device
    plus it tells the damn time!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

It looks the part and there's a ton of stuff in the box but I'll hold off until I find out how it handles under load. It's limited to 2.5 amps like the L/T so no vaping LR, which is a pity.

I put myself on a list a while ago for a mod, paid for this evening - dual 18650,VV, blue voltmeter and high amperage - still want one of these if they're good.

This hobby is costing me more than the bloody fags did.
    Broke again.

well my order of 10 prepunched 3ohm boge cartos from parkesvaping came today, as well as the gummi bears juice, banana waffles and caramel coffee. pretty good considering it was shipped on the 18th.
    but i dont have a lavatube
    lawl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »

I put myself on a list a while ago for a mod, paid for this evening - dual 18650,VV, blue voltmeter and high amperage -

Is that off Styler or Stig on UKVapers?

derra wrote: »
    Is that off Styler or Stig on UKVapers?

It's from Stig.

Think he's sending it to me today so I've got something to look forward to next week!

well my order of 10 prepunched 3ohm boge cartos from parkesvaping came today, as well as the gummi bears juice, banana waffles and caramel coffee. pretty good considering it was shipped on the 18th.
    but i dont have a lavatube
    lawl

I thought you were buying another from someone here?
    I have a second Lavatube I may part with for €30 if you're interested...

yeah I have, it was posted yesterday but the local postman apparently knows which package i'm looking forward to most and is witholding it over the weekend cos he's a bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    It's from Stig.

Think he's sending it to me today so I've got something to look forward to next week!

Was gonna get one of them from the first run that he did.
    Looks to be a good Mod alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

It's limited to 2.5 amps like the L/T so no vaping LR, which is a pity.
    -- where are u getting those ideas , i wonder ?
    1.5 ohm atty at 3.75 v gives your 2.5 amps
    1 .6 ohm atty at 4 v = 2.5 amps , 10 watts
    we are getting very same 10 watts with 2.5 ohm atty at 5v
    or 3.0 ohm at 5.5 v

id imagine he means no vaping 1.5ohm cartos at 5 or 6 volts, which is something some crazy people like to do

it is just crazy , ( 1.5ohm at 6 v = 24 watts , 4 amps )
    i mean that current I limited for safety reasons.....

and airplanes have doors for safety reasons, that doesn't stop people jumping out of them for sport

that doesn't stop people jumping out of them for sport
    :)
    I presume, that american liked jumping out for sport aswell.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550581

alec76 wrote: »
    it is just crazy , ( 1.5ohm at 6 v = 24 watts , 4 amps )
    i mean that current I limited for safety reasons.....

When you're limited by what your local vendors stock, sometimes LR is all you can get hold of. LR cartos can be really nice at 4.5volts but you can't do this with a Lava or V1 ProVari.

With decent protected batteries and a good switching regulator vaping an LR at 5 volts is 3.3amps - it'll kill your batteries real quick and taste like a tramps underpants but it won't make your mod blow up if it has a 6 or 10 amp regulator - it's mad but it's the reason the V2 ProVari appeared.

It won't be utilized but it's great to have that option!

and airplanes have doors for safety reasons, that doesn't stop people jumping out of them for sport

Geronimo!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I might be interested in that lavatubei mrplop....where are you based?

• Advertisement

I'm in Celbridge but I'm based in Deansgrange during the week.

Advertisement