Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavatube

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

i got mine from irishvapers in december, had to get other batteries too as every supplier got shafted with knockoff chinese batteries with the first order so I just ordered some aw imr's online.

so bloody hard to know with batteries :/

That's where I got my spares...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

knockoff doesn't neccesarily mean **** :) the lavatube was meant to come with aw imr 18650's, they came with 18650's that were branded aw but were fakes.

the word on the volcano-ecig forums was that they were decent enough batteries, just at the time I'd never bought a large battery mod before and I had freaked myself out reading about them so I wanted the safest of the safe and I got some aw imr's online.

**** you hunter :/
    now im buying an arry tank
    guess its a good thing im trying to lose a bit of weight as Il hardly be able to afford food

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I got a lavatube today and absolutely love it.

I'm using boge 510 dccs 2.0 ohm and vaping at around the 4.5 mark.

Is there any risk associated with going higher? Burning out the dcc's.

Whats the best ohm dcc to use with the lavatube generally?

Thanks.

the lavatube has a safety feature where it won't push any carto/atomiser past 2.5amps
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1
    should held finding out what voltages you can use with what ohm cartos

if you go higher than the carto can support the lavatube auto adjusts down without telling you, so the screen will read 5v but might only be running at 4v

a lot of people use boge 3ohms cos they're just great cartos for higher volt vaping, 4-6v they're pretty good. but there is no right carto, it all depends on the vape you want. if you want to use the LT to use a 1.5ohm dual coil at 3.7v away you go :)

it's mainly about the wattage, which is what a VV mod allows you to experience really. if you like vaping at 8watts, you can vape a 2ohm carto at 4v or a 3ohm carto at 4.9v. time will tell what wattage range you prefer and what cartos/voltage are best for you.

--edit

also are you using dual coil cartos at 2ohms, or boge 2ohms? boges are single coil. nitpicky of me im sure, but handy to know if you're going to be looking at cartos to get in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Thanks.

Thats gas I got my lavatube today too and I'm also using boge 510 2.0ohm, waiting on a mini-sub tank and a chibi tank to arrive also. Im vaping at 4.2 and cant believe how good its vaping to anything else I've tried so far.

Im not an expert and just learning about vv vaping but I do know that if you go too high a voltage with the lavatube that it will automatically set itself to the correct voltage so I don't think you can burn out your dccs.

Ill leave someone more experienced answer your last question as I dont want to misguide you but if you watch a few reviews and read through the full lavatube thread here in this forum and ECF forum you will pick up a lot from it.

Thanks.

This is a great review of the lavatube on youtube and he gives lots of information on how to use it, voltage wattage, ohms, etc, its well worth a watch if you have a spare 39mins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn20oQOLEA4

Thanks for the info,

I bought these ones @ 2.0 ohm

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=108

I'm really diggin these things. I was using ego batteries with mega dcc's but the LT with these little yokes beats it hands down.

I've ordered a few dual coil tank carts from solovapores because I like the tank system. I think they're 1.5 ohm.

newmark wrote: »
    Thats gas I got my lavatube today too and I'm also using boge 510 2.0ohm, waiting on a mini-sub tank and a chibi tank to arrive also. Im vaping at 4.2 and cant believe how good its vaping to anything else I've tried so far.

Im not an expert and just learning about vv vaping but I do know that if you go too high a voltage with the lavatube that it will automatically set itself to the correct voltage so I don't think you can burn out your dccs.

Ill leave someone more experienced answer your last question as I dont want to misguide you but if you watch a few reviews and read through the full lavatube thread here in this forum and ECF forum you will pick up a lot from it.

Haha yeah I actually copied your order from last week.

I even got the 5 euro batteries from irish vapers too. ;)

Thanks for the info,

I bought these ones @ 2.0 ohm

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=108

I'm really diggin these things. I was using ego batteries with mega dcc's but the LT with these little yokes beats it hands down.

I've ordered a few dual coil tank carts from solovapores because I like the tank system. I think they're 1.5 ohm.

If you want to vape at higher voltages with the lavatube I think you might be better off with the 3.0 ohm boges and something like a chibi or sub-mini tank. I know sir digby is a big fan of those 2 tanks and can tell you more about them.

• Advertisement

if you like tanks

http://momandpopvaporshop.com/tanks/

http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

mini sub or chibi tanks, they take the boge cartos you have atm (stainless steel only, regular size boges not xl or xxl and if you buy the cartos seperately you have to punch a hole in them yourself. not a big deal, carto puncher costs about a tenner)

the DCT will work fine on the LT, but i think 3.7v is the highest youll be able to go.

the boge cartos you have are great alright, i use the same in my LT but the 3ohm versions. the 2ohms can be pushed to 5v, higher than that and the LT just resets down to 5 or so.

--edit

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77579141&postcount=64

carto punches apparently cost 6.90 :)

If anyone fancies trying out a tank system I have a puff tank 6ml and prepunched dual coil carto 3 ohm going spare...

Just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

http://www.visionecigar.com/pid10924544/Vision+Tox.htm

seems to be the same thing, and it says they're clearomisers

Has anyone ordered and received anything from this company?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I'd love to try out one of those 3ohm cartos - do you still have them?

mrplop wrote: »
    I'd love to try out one of those 3ohm cartos - do you still have them?

PM sent, Newmark has taken it, but I have a second one, if my new arry tank is up to scratch which I fully expect it to be, you can have it.

Using one of these on the LT :

http://www.irishvapers.ie/atomizers/153-high-resistance-510-atomizers-3-35-ohm.html

i'm just dripping directly onto the atomizer - fantastic.

Anyone ever use these? How long do they last and how many drops can they take?

Thanks.

i dont think there's any set time for atomisers to last, they just stop working as well as they used to over time. should get a few weeks out of it at least. youll find out for yourself roughtly how many drops they can take, it's generally around 3-4 before they start to leak.

im not a big atomiser users so dont know all the ins and outs

the DCT will work fine on the LT, but i think 3.7v is the highest youll be able to go.

You were dead right - the DCT on the LT is the same as when I use an ego battery. It shows as 4.7 v or whatever but it's nowhere near as good as one of those boge at 4.7v.

It suits me to use these dcts on an ego for when i'm in work/out and about.

The lavatube looks like something you could detonate a bomb with so its staying at home on the coffee table.

you should be ok so long as you don't look arabic

oh wait, we're irish
    nevermind
    :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Lavatube arrived today along with batteries, charger, some Boge 3ohms, and some new juices (can't wait to try mojito :)). Fair play to an post. Unfortunately stuck in work and have drinks after so won't get a chance to put batteries on to charge till tomorrow, hopefully they'll have come with enough charge that I can play with it a little this evening.

• Advertisement

think they come charged to 3.9 or something, they say it's best to charge it fully before use though for the health of the battery but you could fill up a carto and have a few sneaky vapes im sure

no one at home who could plug it in now for you so its charged when yuou get home? :)

think they come charged to 3.9 or something, they say it's best to charge it fully before use though for the health of the battery but you could fill up a carto and have a few sneaky vapes im sure

no one at home who could plug it in now for you so its charged when yuou get home? :)
    Nope, no one at home unfortunately, and have it here with me now anyway after a mad dash across town at lunch. I could charge it here for 2/3 hours before I go, but I think they're meant to be charged for 6 hours first time out so might just got with a few sneaky vapes, just to make sure it's working ok.

hrm
    im trying to remember back to when I first got mine
    iirc I just took one of the batteries and started vaping while i charged the other, which did actually take a fair amount of time

but I dont use those batteries anyway, I got the imr's later on.
    *shrug*
    vape away

That's good enough for me :)

Gave it a quick try and pretty impressed so far. Being able to dial in the flavour is really handy, tried it with liberty flights XO mojito juice and the flavour changed quite a bit across different voltages. Also seem to be getting a much strong nic hit from it, I moved to 11/12mg juices a week or two back and they weren't leaving me completely satisfied, but this left my head spinning a little (the mojito is 14mg but I don't think that'd make a huge difference?)

Impressed with the Boge's too, they just ooze quality and there wasn't a single hint of filler taste. I had a quick go of a DCC on the eGo after and it tasted like ass in comparison (though to fair it's a 6 day old DCC that has been flooded quite a few times).

youll find you have to top off your cartos a *lot* more often at higher voltages, but that's to be expected I guess.

Yeah, I suspected as much, but it's a fair price to pay I think, and the chibi should hopefully fix that when it arrives.

youll find you have to top off your cartos a *lot* more often at higher voltages, but that's to be expected I guess.

This is the only drawback - i'm gonna have to get those tank cartos you mentioned.

yeah it can be kind of a pain in the arse, especially with the amount I chan-vape I have to top off every hour almost :)

the chibi or mini-sub's both seem to be great options, i'd love to try the mini-sub but I have an arry tank v4 coming in next weeks post so once I get that I'm sure I'll be sorted for carto tanks

if yyou dont mind spending, the arry tank would be a good option for the LT and boge cartos. holds about 4ml (plus 1ml for a filled carto). has a screw off top for easy refilling, arry has some for sale atm on ukvapers he pm'd me last night after I asked.
    ACTv4
    £29.99+
    £2.52 UK Postage 1st Class recorded .
    £7 International Recorded
    Delrin-Punch £4.95 + £1.45 P&P or free postage if posted with a ACTv4
    Pre-Punched 510 SS Boge Carto £2 ea + £1.50 P&P or free postage if posted with a ACTv4

the arry tank is incredibly well reviewed, food grade stainless steel so it should pretty much last a lifetime. if you get it, I'd reccomend getting the carto punch too.. that way you can just buy ordinary stainless steel boges and make your own holes in them for tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Hi, sorry if i missed it but where can i get a LT + good battery or better who has it in stock?
    I'd like to order one for my bday end of march, as i could'nt afford a provari.

thanks guys

Advertisement